Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitkat wifi problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Samsung s4

Have updated to kitkat OTA and now my wireless just says Connected .... Then saved secure then obtaining IP address then checking the quality  of the internet connection  it may then let me on the internet on wifi or it sometime just loops through them till i turn off wifi.

After i installed kitkat i went into the boot loader menu and did a reboot i have used my phone for 2 days and today I went into the boot loader menu and reformatted it again still doing the same on wifi  any idea's 

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HI yes have done that, just dont seem to get any better, would have been better staying on jelly bean

thanks..

@MI5 im aware you cannot go back in firmware on iOS but I believe you can on Android ?

Maybe the OP could do as they hint on ?

You can go back but since the inroduction of "Knox" it will trip the fuse and void the warranty (until someone comes up with a fix) wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i use odin and reinstall the latest will that trip the fuse

Message 12 of 32

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

if i use odin and reinstall the latest will that trip the fuse

Yes, it would appear so.

The chaps are working on a fix but at the moment there are limited choices, unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the phone ?

Big decision to void a warranty.

Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

so if i dont want to lose my warranty i cant use odin, and will have to wait till samsung bring out a patch or update hopefully...

Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not use kies to restore the firmware
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

nearly a year now..

Message 17 of 32

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

It's not clear yet if Samsung will honour any warranty on a phone with a tripped fuse, but safest is to say that you will lose it for now.
Kies cannot recover the firmware unless it was a failed flash, which it wasn't.
I'm not seeing this issue widely reported anywhere else so I'd check my advanced WiFi settings and try some different combinations of the available choices to see if it helps. Auto network switch seemed to help with the old 4.3 bug.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know lots of people with kk on the s4 not having any problems I would say its a setting somewhere or something simple
Message 19 of 32

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I've had lots of different KK ROMs on my phones and never had an issue either.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 32