Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitkat wifi problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Samsung s4

Have updated to kitkat OTA and now my wireless just says Connected .... Then saved secure then obtaining IP address then checking the quality  of the internet connection  it may then let me on the internet on wifi or it sometime just loops through them till i turn off wifi.

After i installed kitkat i went into the boot loader menu and did a reboot i have used my phone for 2 days and today I went into the boot loader menu and reformatted it again still doing the same on wifi  any idea's 

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I don't think it's a samsung problem somehow
Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok guys

thanks for the help i will have another look at it tomorrow, may even wipe it again see what happens then

Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on slight_smile
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ok guys

thanks for the help i will have another look at it tomorrow, may even wipe it again see what happens then

You're very welcome @Anonymous 

Take care.

Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Guys

sorry for the delay, have been incontact with samsung and they say the issue reported indicates it may need a software reset or reflashing of the firmware,

So i have been incontact with o2 and they say the o2 guru instore will be able to reflash it I am going to wipe the phone once more and see if that makes it any better if not off to the shop tomorrow,

Message 25 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
No apology needed. slight_smile

Let us know how you get on after your store visit.
Message 26 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Guys

well wiped the phone again and let it reinstall all from google then reinstalled my kies backup back on and touch wood this time it seems to be working ok, logged into my wifi.. will see how it go's over next few days, again my thanks to all of you who have replied to my question

Message 27 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck and keep us in the loop.

Fingers crossed.

Fantastic

Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the update.
Message 29 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

then reinstalled my kies backup 

Make sure you are not reinstalling any system settings with the keis backup as this can give issues too.

App data, photos etc are fine but nothing file system related.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 32