cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g consumption

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi got 4g from O2 today speed is really fast compare to 3g but 4G data consumption looks very high compare to 3g , Is this really true how much can be difference anybody can explain please thank
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Their is split opinions on this.

I moved from 3G to 4g and found little difference.

One can use more data because your on line longer as pages and speeds are faster which is my take on it.

Also because it's faster some stream using hd which will use data allowance more.
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes speed testing is a big cause of data consumption as for whether 4g uses more it depends if you are just surfing the Internet Facebook etc then no it won't use any more but if you are watching videos they may be in HD which will use more data
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

My understanding from other threads on the subject indicate that a single speedtest can use up around 50mb of data. When you get 4g the temptation will be there to see just how fast it really is and to test it several times at different times etc to be sure! !!!
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi thanx I had 3 or 4 speed test to check speed of 4g that's must b reason my data gone down in well fast nearly 300 megabytes in 2 minutes, I will be care full now
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi even I stream normal sd video still will be high consumption compare to 3g or just only with Hd videos thanks
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Don't worry, everyone does the same at first wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't wait for 4g here. Can then really put 5gb to the test lol
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi even I stream normal sd video still will be high consumption compare to 3g or just only with Hd videos thanks

You can stream sd on 3g so not an easy answer.

all you can say is 1mb is 1mb regardless of it been 3 or 4g.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13