Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitkat wifi problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Samsung s4

Have updated to kitkat OTA and now my wireless just says Connected .... Then saved secure then obtaining IP address then checking the quality  of the internet connection  it may then let me on the internet on wifi or it sometime just loops through them till i turn off wifi.

After i installed kitkat i went into the boot loader menu and did a reboot i have used my phone for 2 days and today I went into the boot loader menu and reformatted it again still doing the same on wifi  any idea's 

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's not clear yet if Samsung will honour any warranty on a phone with a tripped fuse, but safest is to say that you will lose it for now.
Kies cannot recover the firmware unless it was a failed flash, which it wasn't.
I'm not seeing this issue widely reported anywhere else so I'd check my advanced WiFi settings and try some different combinations of the available choices to see if it helps. Auto network switch seemed to help with the old 4.3 bug.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Have you performed a hard reset which has been known to help in these cases.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-hard-reset.html

This help thread may be of use too.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

yes sorry.. when i said i went into the bootloader menu that what i was doing. Hard reset

Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was editing my reply.

Look at the link I've just added. It may help.
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks will have a read..

Message 5 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried forgetting your wifi connection, rebooting your router and re-scanning and connecting again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI yes have done that, just dont seem to get any better, would have been better staying on jelly bean

thanks..

Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HI yes have done that, just dont seem to get any better, would have been better staying on jelly bean

thanks..

@MI5 im aware you cannot go back in firmware on iOS but I believe you can on Android ?

Maybe the OP could do as they hint on ?

Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
My dad's s4 on kitkat has no problems with the wifi I don't think it's an issue affecting all
Does it just do this on your home wifi?
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

no when round my daughters today did the same that's why i came home and did another hard reset on it

Message 10 of 32