cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

....well seeing as O2 have decided to totally ignore me (QUALITY customer service, guys!) I have rooted my phone this morning.

The PCC and SUS still say I have the latest update though, so how do I get them to show me that I can update? Do I have to modify something in build.prop?

Message 111 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no update for me 😞

Message 112 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Part one of the plan in action. Xperia S passed on. Now proud owner of Nexus 4 running 4.3 !! Come April bye bye O2
Message 113 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nexus 4 is pretty awesome, picked mine up a month or so ago. slight_smile  Amazing bit of kit considering I paid sub 200 for it new. 

I'll be ditching o2 when my contract is up too for their attitude towards my Xperia S.  First locking the bootloader, then the slow updates, then their refusal to provide a bootloader unlocking service, and finally the 3 weeks it took for them to repair my second dead Xperia S a few months ago.

Message 114 of 121

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

My apologies for the lack info on this update. I'm trying to get some more info now for everyone in terms of what is going on.

If you're having issues and the below steps do not work to update, let me know:

Head to: Settings > System > About phone > Software update

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 115 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toby,

we have been trying this and connecting direct via the Sony update software for 9 weeks now (try roughly weekly) and still no update, seems like we have been forgotten . My SI is 1257 3114 , not found anyone thats updated past .200 from the summer.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/JellyBean-roll-out-Xperia-S/td-p/43850...

Message 116 of 121

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi eddyesi,

Thanks for that info, I'll talk to my colleagues and see if I have any more useful info for you
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 117 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK jumped through all of the hoops put in my way.  I still have 4.1.2, Build 6.2.B.1.96 and everything is shown as up to date in the updater.

I live in Devon - mostly 2g, O2 in EXETER, DEVON sold me this because it would work best for data entry on BOTH 2g and 3g.  Guess what - still no 2g.  Just wish I'd taped the conversation.

What can I do to get a phone that does what I need and what I asked for when I took out the contract?  Sony won't roll it back, factory reset didn't work - I'm wondering if it will be covered on my house insurance when it gets dropped on the drive and run over by the car.  The only thing that is stopping me is that I'll still have to stay with O2.

Message 118 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just incase anyone cares I (We ) still dont have this upgrade to 6.2.B.1.96 after nearly 4mths! everyone else on pretty every other network has this upgrade . confirmed with Sony that it shoudl be available delay is with O2

Am due for an upgrade but will wait another month and switch network after this, shocking now!

Message 119 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just incase anyone cares, Still no update to 6.2.B.1.96 after 4th, getting ridiculus now

Message 120 of 121