Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails

Anne22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm having trouble responding or sending emails. The message which comes up is "unable to bring certificate from server" can anyone help? Thanks Anne
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Perhaps you could try deleting and setting up the account again. Also check you have the correct data bolt on by calling customer service. 

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anne22 

Sounds like your outgoing email settings are wrong.

Who is your email provider?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anne22
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5, my provider is hotmail.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Try these outgoing settings.
Hotmail SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Hotmail SMTP Username: Your complete Windows Live Hotmail email address (e.g. me**Personal info** or me@live.com)
Hotmail SMTP Password: Your Windows Live Hotmail password
Hotmail SMTP Port: 587
Hotmail SMTP TLS/SSL Required: yes
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anne22 , just wanted to check if you tried out the above settings and if you had any luck with  your emails since you last posted? slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

Anne22
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, unfortunately no as my email is already set up I'd have to delete it and start again which means I'll lose all my emails and I cant afford to do that at the moment. I think I'll pop into O2 store. Thanks for the help everyone. Xx
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Changing the details as I gave you above will not delete your emails at all and they will all still be on the Hotmail server anyway.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5  is correct, you wont lose any emails. They will all still be there when you log back on just as they would be if you logged on from a PC.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

It's most likely just as simple as changing the port and ensuring that the SSL option is ticked.

There is also a dedicated Hotmail app that you can use if all else fails.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10