Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earphone jack doesn't work

Inthebreeze74
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've only had my S8&am very dispappointed that the headphone jack doesn't work no matter what headphones I try it plays through the speaker,I'd like O2 to sort this problem but samsung have been excellent&Are offering to send out a courier to pick up&fix my phone free of charge I'm very I.pressed with this,so far on time MY O2 I can find no category for this type of help
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Inthebreeze74

You have done absolutely the right thing in sending your S8 back to Samsung (the manufacturers)

It's under warranty and should go to them NOT O2 repairs (who really don't have the best reputation)

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Inthebreeze74

You have done absolutely the right thing in sending your S8 back to Samsung (the manufacturers)

It's under warranty and should go to them NOT O2 repairs (who really don't have the best reputation)

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

How long Have you had the phone? If less than 30 days you are entitled to a replacement if it's faulty. If over 30 days, with respect, deal directly with Samsung. Help is via customer service but preferably calling them not by using live chat.

Have you checked the jack socket to make sure no lint or fluff has gotten in there?

Message 3 of 5

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Wave @Inthebreeze74 and Welcome to O2 Community Forum...! ...Friendliness goes far and beyond expectancy...! smiling

...By doing the right thing as you did, your live becomes more enjoyable... Live Long...and prosper! vulcan

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Inthebreeze74, and welcome to the Community slight_smile

I'm sorry to hear about your earphone jack issue; let us know if you need further help, and do share any update with us on how this is getting resolved!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5