cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news from 02 on the Galaxy Note 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

are we expecting an announcement for this phone any time shortly as its out at the end of the month?

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto, got mine yesterday and it's a superb piece of hardware for sure.  Taking a bit of getting used to given the size jump from my S2.  Menu/settings slightly different too and things not always in the same place as 4.1.2, but in time...... slight_smile

Jonty.

Message 91 of 108

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Anyone upgraded from a Note 2 care to do a comparison?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 92 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked all over the o2 site and can't find the full specs for this phone as supplied by o2.  Does anyone have a link to the specs for the o2 version of this phone? (there are several versions available apparently, different processors etc).

thanks

Message 93 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This should help...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/galaxy-note/smartphones/SM-N9005ZWEBTU-spec

The main variant is the CPU.  I believe the LTE version for pretty much the most of Europe has the quad-core chip.  There's an octa chip for those smaller markets tongue

Jonty.

Message 94 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers slight_smile

How are you finding it? I've been considering the Sony Xperia Z1 or Z Ultra but just noticed this was now also available.
Message 95 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Certainly worth looking at the reviews which are starting to pop up online.  Here's an interesting one which compares the Z1 and GN3...

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone/3470988/xperia-z1-vs-galaxy-note-3-comparison-review...

As for me, I was hit instantly by the wow factor and think it's brilliant -- just as well given I took a gamble based on not wanting anything larger than my old S2 for a phone but fancied having a go with a phablet.  To add a degree of perspective though, apart from setting up the device and loading my data and apps I've not yet really had a chance to use it and am still exploring.

Apart from being big in the hand it is possible to use it with one hand, although my thumb could do with growing that extra inch.  Otherwise two hands and no problems.  The S-pen comes into its own when I'm trying to bottle feed by daughter and rest the device on my thigh.  Performance wise it's very, very fast when compared to my S2's 1.2GHz dual core.  Screen is beautiful and an utter joy to look at.  Although my Tele-box is also Samsung I don't think the wife likes the fact I can also control our Humax digibox using the GN3 Smiley Very Happy

So, this isn't a particularly subjective response but I doubt you'd be disappointed if you got one!

Jonty.

Message 96 of 108

h0r2a
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have looked all over the o2 site and can't find the full specs for this phone as supplied by o2.  Does anyone have a link to the specs for the o2 version of this phone? (there are several versions available apparently, different processors etc).

thanks

I can confirm that the O2 version is the Quad Core variant

hth

Message 97 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you please confirm what was inside the box? Like cables, chargers, batteries, headphones .. many thx
Message 98 of 108

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great little review JontySoper slight_smile

How is everyone else finding it? Its a little smaller than S4 isn't it?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 99 of 108

h0r2a
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you please confirm what was inside the box? Like cables, chargers, batteries, headphones .. many thx

Note 3, battery, quickstart quide, and another quick guide or summit, usb 3.0 charging cable, usb plug with UK adaptor, headphones, spare earpod and some spare tips for the SPen and tweezers replacement tool.

hth

Message 100 of 108