Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - Option to select mobile service greyed out

CUTHBERM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Trying to setup a mobile service for my Apple Watch, but the option from within the watch app,  then ‘Mobile Service’ to ‘Setup Mobile service’ is greyed out, with the note ‘Your o2 account is not eligible to enable mobile service on your Apple Watch, Contact o2 for more information’ 

I have spoke to technical support, and not been able to find an answer (they confirmed my account is setup correcting, including Idata bolt-on. This number was ported over from an O2 business account recently, purely so I could have a mobile plan for the Apple Watch.

Any support would be appreciated. I have done the usual of resetting and pairing the watch and phone.

Thanks

Mark

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146077 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions

@CUTHBERM 

I guess the system still thinks it's a business account so will need to be updated by O2 if it doesn't happen automatically at some point.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

CUTHBERM
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

Just called Technical back to raise the point about it being an ex business contract number, to be told I needed an e-sim ordering, which they promptly did. Pretty sure thats not the solution though?

Mark

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146077 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions

Oh dear.

Customer disservice strikes again!!

Keep trying @CUTHBERM 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

CUTHBERM
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, better conversation this time with Tech support. Confirmed it wasn’t an issue being an old business account number, had me reset the watch and repair, which of course made no difference. Confirmed the previous tech person didn’t need to order me an e-sim! Then concluded it is because the first payment on the Direct Debit hasn’t been taken yet, which comes out on the 8th…which is the 14th day of the new contract, so my last day to bail out. There’s an option to pay now on the O2 app, so might do that to test the new theory.

Mark

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146077 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions

@CUTHBERM 

Rearrange the following words:

at, straws, clutching.

Message 6 of 6