Did you mean: 

Can't buy a watch unless I take a new contract and number, or wait until 2026

Kempy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

I was moved to O2 from Virgin, earlier this year, and decided to buy a Galaxy S23 Ultra, as I was offered a good deal by O2.

Today, I decided I want to buy a Galaxy Watch 6 to go with my phone but was told that I cannot do this unless:

1) I take a new phone contract, with a new number (which would cause havoc for work), and pay off my existing agreement (nearly £1k!); or

2) Pay off my existing agreement to allow an upgrade; or

3) Wait until 2026.

That just doesn't make sense to me - am I missing something obvious?

Surely, they can just sell me a watch and link it to my existing number?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Complete rubbish @Kempy 

Go in store to buy as it needs to be set up in store anyway.

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Complete rubbish @Kempy 

Go in store to buy as it needs to be set up in store anyway.

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Kempy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks - I didn't think it was rtight...!

I took your advice and went to Lakeside last night; walked out with a new Galaxy Watch 6, connected to my existing account.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Good news @Kempy 👍

Message 4 of 4