Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin

Kazzap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help. My father in law, who’s in his 80’s hard of hearing with Parkinson’s, had been with Virgin for years. His £5 contract was moved to o2, not his choice. They did write to him informing him that he would be moving to o2 and asked for his bank details. He thought it was a scam so ignored it. He doesn’t have a email address either. Anyway, they’ve now been billing him for non payment which keeps getting bigger. I’ve tried to pay it off without success. I’ve rang from his phone, with his consent after agreeing they can speak to me. He can’t understand their accent. They want to send a code, his phone is so old I can’t open a message and speak to them at the same time. I hang up ring back with a code then they say I need another code so we’re going round in circles. I’m with o2 so can’t register on my account either. They’ve now blocked his sim so I can’t put it in my phone to get the code 😡. I’ve been into the store who won’t accept payment there. I want to pay the bill, cancel the contact and find another provider. Why is something so simple made so chuffing hard. Why can’t someone with an English accent ring him while I’m there to pay the bloody bill. This has been going on for months now. We’ve had enough. Do o2 know how frustrating, time consuming and stressful this has been for him. Any advice appreciated? Thanks 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Kazzap 

This is your starting point :-

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Message 2 of 14

Oxonian
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Kazzap 

And as far as closing the account or moving to another provider is concerned :-

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Kazzap 

The Payment Management Team number is 0800 902 0217. Hopefully they can sort this for you.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

Kazzap
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I’ll try that number. It’s worth a try 

Message 5 of 14

Kazzap
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem is he doesn't have an account, I think that’s the main issue. He was moved over to o2 by virgin. When people are elderly and they don’t understand they end up leaving it for too long and it comes to this. Someone has given me another number so I’ll go round to see him and try that. Thanks 

Message 6 of 14

Oxonian
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Kazzap If O2 are billing him for non-payment there must be an account number somewhere in the correspondence he's received from O2. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 14

Kazzap
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 9 of 14

Kazzap
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve told them that over the phone, they’ve still said he hasn’t got an account with them. Honesty, it’s really bad customer care. I will try the number I’ve been given. Thanks 

Message 10 of 14