Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin

Kazzap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help. My father in law, who’s in his 80’s hard of hearing with Parkinson’s, had been with Virgin for years. His £5 contract was moved to o2, not his choice. They did write to him informing him that he would be moving to o2 and asked for his bank details. He thought it was a scam so ignored it. He doesn’t have a email address either. Anyway, they’ve now been billing him for non payment which keeps getting bigger. I’ve tried to pay it off without success. I’ve rang from his phone, with his consent after agreeing they can speak to me. He can’t understand their accent. They want to send a code, his phone is so old I can’t open a message and speak to them at the same time. I hang up ring back with a code then they say I need another code so we’re going round in circles. I’m with o2 so can’t register on my account either. They’ve now blocked his sim so I can’t put it in my phone to get the code 😡. I’ve been into the store who won’t accept payment there. I want to pay the bill, cancel the contact and find another provider. Why is something so simple made so chuffing hard. Why can’t someone with an English accent ring him while I’m there to pay the bloody bill. This has been going on for months now. We’ve had enough. Do o2 know how frustrating, time consuming and stressful this has been for him. Any advice appreciated? Thanks 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Kazzap 

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 11 of 14

Kazzap
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, sorry for the long delay getting back to you. It’s been a nightmare trying to sort this out. We paid the bill by cheque which was excepted then sent another bill. We tried the o2 number again without success after waiting for ages. Anyway in the end I took my disabled mother and father in law into the store and refused to go until it was sorted. They said they couldn’t sort it in store, they had no choice. An about and half later we did manage to pay the bill and left o2. It’s been a total nightmare. 

Message 12 of 14

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

I hope that has finally resolved your issue @Kazzap👍 

Message 13 of 14

Kazzap
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics