Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Amfi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No support cellular watch 4 on o2. I'm afraid after 14 years I'll have to move to EE .
Message 41 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

iOS 12 general release September 17

The beta version is good now.. much more stable.. nothing to shout home about tho.

Message 42 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh wrote:

From £750 to £1500 for a phone I think Apple are taking the Michael and it’s obscene..  

think my iPhone X will be the last iPhone I have as I’m not paying that much for a phone....

For those particular models it is an expensive purchase, but it’s anticipated that the Xr is going to sell well. I don’t think I’ll be buying one though, and I’ll be keeping my iPhone 7 for the time being at least. 

It’s good that they’ve retained the 7 in the current lineup, as it’s still a really capable handset for what is now the entry-level model, particularly now the price has dropped again to £449 (i.e for the 32GB model). 

Message 43 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

iOS 12 general release September 17

The beta version is good now.. much more stable.. nothing to shout home about tho.

It’s been stable all the way through, I ran the beta on my old 7 Plus, no issues & the battery life was better & the speed was good, I especially liked the screen time mode

Message 44 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically the XR is the IPhone X version of the 5C

Most of the pre-launch speculation has been spot-on, but I’m pleasantly surprised by the Xr, as some reporters had suggested that there would be compromises (e.g screen quality, and camera) that would leave many consumers feeling disappointed. I’d have to get my hands on one to make a proper judgement, but the build quality would appear to have a premium feel to it, and as far as specifications are concerned, I think they’ve got the balance right at that particular price point. 

I couldn’t justify spending £749 on it right now, but I’d expect one or two retailers like CPW to start dropping that price to something closer to £699 in the run up to Christmas. I’ll review my options in the new year. 

Message 45 of 461

Gelphyn
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks your input lovemyphone

The Apple Watch 4 will, if the marketing blurb is true, be able to offer facilities regarding wellbeing that by mid 2019 will be very important to me. Unless another Manufacturer responds with a similar Product and facilities I will be purchasing an Apple Watch 4, and that will mean switching away from O2.

O2 should have anticipated issues in the knowledge of the business relationship and positioned their staff and published information to address the situation without the need for using words such as 'may' and 'if'!

I, along with many other Customers, will be leaving when the Watch 4 'hands on' scenario is possible.

Message 46 of 461

MrBluePlaydoh
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I guess it’s bye bye O2 as yet again they can not keep up with tech
Message 47 of 461

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?
A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

You've had over a year to sort this out and looks like your still not giving a dam about the Apple Watch Series on Cellular, thank god I left last month for EE

”We continue to review our range of products” 

We don’t care about reviewing the range we want you to spend the money and upgrade your masts! It doesn’t take you long to update the phones

I’m afraid your now going to have even more people jumping ship now to either Vodaphone or EE now 

Message 48 of 461

CappinPug
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have iPhone X on refresh - will I be able to preorder and still get my free upgrade? 

I got the iPhone X - but its release was delayed last year.

As my contract has a free upgrade attached to it - I was wondering whether I will be able to use this to preorder this week - as its a month out of the normal iPhone rhythm.

Message 49 of 461

mrmillsy
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No Apple Watch Series 4 on O2. sick of waiting for O2 to pull their finger out! as soon as my sim only is up i'm off, I cannot get my head around the fact they can support the galaxy watch which utilises e-sim but not the apple watch? seems like commercial suicide to me. I can get everything I need, wifi calling (including texting which O2 doesnt offer) with EE, might be slightly more per month with slightly less data but its worth it to be able to utilise the LTE on Series 4!

Message 50 of 461