Did you mean: 

iPhone 16 & Watch Series 10 Megathread + FAQ's

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 90 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following on from the recent Apple event we're pleased to announce that the iPhone 16 range is available to pre-order on O2. See more 👇 for details and shop links.

iPhone 16

iPhone 16
iPhone 16 Plus
iPhone 16 Pro
iPhone 16 Pro Max
cf9e7100-0797-463c-91a2-e17eefd3aed2.png iPhone 16 Plus.png iPhone 16 Pro.png iPhone 16 Pro Max.png

Apple Watch Series 10 & Watch Ultra 2

Apple Watch Series 10
Apple Watch Ultra 2
Watch Series 10 Titanium.png Apple Watch Ultra 2 - Black Titanium.png

Questions?

We're updating our website and we'll also curate some FAQs below.

Message 1 of 270
269 REPLIES 269

garetc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 131 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I was on the phone with O2, the CSO ran through everything with me and just as she was about to hit submit her system kicked her out as it did me, TWICE. She's just rebuilt it and submitted it as quickly as she could, now I'm just waiting on the link to confirm the order! Every time she had to rebuild my order the date for delivery got pushed back, I should have it in time for Christmas at this rate! 😂

I really feel sorry for the contact centre, I bet they're all having a horrible day! I remember how entitled people were when I worked there and how rude they could be. That said Virgin-O2 could have beef up systems or put the queuing system in place before they released the products for order. They could at least ring-fence system access for the advisors as they were unable to access anything as soon as the systems failed!

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 81 of 270

Chewoot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disgusting service and a terrible website. Let me put some context behind that!

Logged on at 2pm to "switch up" to the new Iphone and the site crashed. Then it came back up and sent a security code, i entered the code, site crashed, came back up, it sent a new security code. Finally after 6 attempts i get to order, go through everything, get sent the contracts and pay my deposit. Site crashes.......

Site comes back up and tells me i have to empty my basket and try again. So once again i go though the process and it comes to confirm my details. O2 then locks my account for "security reason" as i have had to many security codes and its locked for 24hrs. Phone customer services and get told tough, not there problem. Told my basket will remain and phone order will be held just leave the page open, its a glitch. 

Just checked the page and my basket has been emptied and i am still locked out for 24hrs.

Never had such a bad online shopping experience 

Message 82 of 270

gatrell
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had exactly the same problem, thinking of going down to the store, however i don't know if they will need to send the security code

Message 83 of 270

garetc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 131 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I think they need to send a security code as well. It might be worth calling up your local store to check before you go in, they’re not able to sidestep any security for obvious reasons! 

When I ordered over the phone the CSO told me that I’d get an email asking me to confirm everything. Anyone had that experience before? Haven’t had the email yet although she said it could take about 45 minutes (half an hour ago).

Update: just got it but now in a queue to sign and accept it! Might leave it until later tonight, says I’ve got 72 hours before it expires. 

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 84 of 270

Zheez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Despite my order going through fine, my wife eventually managed to get to upgrade but was told there was an IMEI mismatch when trying to do switch up.

This kind of makes sense, since her phone developed a weird problem where it would no longer recognise a SIM card.  Apple wanted the phone for 2 weeks which was surprising so decided against that and went to O2, who replaced it within 5 days.  It did surprise me that O2 replaced it but didn't update their records though, so she ended up having to go in store to do the upgrade and luckily it went pretty smoothly.

So just a heads up to anyone who has had a device swapped out under warranty before - make sure you check in to see if O2's records have been updated for the phone with the new IMEI before you waste some time in the online queue system.

Message 85 of 270

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 40 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Horrendous experience upgrading. All stores in vicinity of my home crashed (except the one flagship store - funny that). Couldn’t get there though. Waited 3 hours in shopping centre and kept returning to see if systems running again and nope they weren’t. 

Then went home and queued online for 1.5hrs to upgrade. And AFTER the credit check is done they tell me it’s ‘up to 3 weeks’. Why not tell you that before. I was needing to collect the device on launch day or the day after as after that I’m in another city. 

Message 86 of 270

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11492 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@MrFrenzy @Chewoot 

Unfortunately issues have not only affected o2 today, which to be honest is the worst I have seen o2 on launch day, why the didn't launch the queuing system at 12.45 and then let people drip feed into the store, is anyone guess,... 

You only have to look round the Apple based communities which have had UK threads, Apple themselves had issues with some payment methods, Three collapsed in a heap, and Voda and Three had issues.. 

I don't know they didn't process your order over the phone, as they can send you an OTP or verify in other ways..

@Zheez 

For the issues you had I would always do those SwitchUps in store, glad you are sorted.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 87 of 270

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 350 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I think the store I went in has made a mistake with mine. I went in on the understanding that going to store meant that they processed everything including the switch up condition grading. I already knew that all they did in store was the online ordering process which would be the same as what I would have had to do at home but the difference being if I did it at home I’d have to send my current phone off for grading through the post whereas doing the process in store meant they would grade it when I went to collect the phone.

So, the store went through the ordering process, they then got to the switch up section, it asked in store or through the post for the switch up, they ticked through the post, at this point I stopped them and said surely it should be in store then when I come and collect the phone you process the grading, they said no, this isn’t possible with pre orders, it’s recently been changed and said if we had the phone in store to take today then yes but as it’s a pre order no, I then queried what option they chose for the other person I was with who was doing their own, they said through the post, I said I’m convinced that’s wrong and was told if they selected in store they would have to take my phone off me today, it then asked the condition questions, they answered all good to all of them. I’ve now got to send my phone off through the post once I have collected my new one.

Anyone with previous experience of switch up in store particularly pre orders know whether the store is right or whether I’m right and they should have ticked the in store option and then they’d have processed the grading when I went and collected my new phone?

if it’s the latter and I have any issues with the grading after sending through the post I’m going to be marching down to the store for answers!!!

Message 88 of 270

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11492 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

When I did my Pixel Fold Pre-Order, i paid the deposit and that was it, this is going back a year though.. There was no hint of posting it back... 
I went imn on the day it arrived, and they did it all and took the old phone and that was it.. 

I think what they are trying to do is to ensure you come back for the pre-order as quite a few people order everywhere to ensure they get one and then leave the pre order pending and they dont mind losing £50 , so it sounds like stores that are more prone to this happening are doing the above...

In all my switch ups (before it broke) I have never had to post a phone back to o2.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 89 of 270

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 350 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

When I did my Pixel Fold Pre-Order, i paid the deposit and that was it, this is going back a year though.. There was no hint of posting it back... 
I went imn on the day it arrived, and they did it all and took the old phone and that was it.. 

I think what they are trying to do is to ensure you come back for the pre-order as quite a few people order everywhere to ensure they get one and then leave the pre order pending and they dont mind losing £50 , so it sounds like stores that are more prone to this happening are doing the above...

In all my switch ups (before it broke) I have never had to post a phone back to o2.. 

@madasaf1sh it wasn’t £50 it was a £1

Message 90 of 270