Did you mean: 

iPhone 16 & Watch Series 10 Megathread + FAQ's

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 91 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following on from the recent Apple event we're pleased to announce that the iPhone 16 range is available to buy on O2. See more 👇 for details and shop links.

iPhone 16

iPhone 16
iPhone 16 Plus
iPhone 16 Pro
iPhone 16 Pro Max
cf9e7100-0797-463c-91a2-e17eefd3aed2.png iPhone 16 Plus.png iPhone 16 Pro.png iPhone 16 Pro Max.png

Apple Watch Series 10 & Watch Ultra 2

Apple Watch Series 10
Apple Watch Ultra 2
Watch Series 10 Titanium.png Apple Watch Ultra 2 - Black Titanium.png

Message 1 of 432
431 REPLIES 431

Yan101
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You would think they would have plenty of phones available. Surly companies like o2 feed back to apple about how many contracts are on switch up and use it every year and how many typically take out a new contract for an iPhone. With sales of the 16 pro being down 27% on last year, they shouldn’t really be an issue. Why not make the phones 3 to 4 weeks earlier then there isn’t a wait. It’s like they never learn their lesson. Unless they think it’s “hype” about the phone. When in reality it’s just annoyance that they can’t fill an order. 

Message 421 of 432

TekW2020
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Might be something to do with the 6.9 inch screen manufacturing?..

The fact that the 16 Pro is available - even from Amazon occasionally - makes me believe something has gone wrong with the manufacturing of the Pro Max.

Message 422 of 432

garetc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 137 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

The problem with that is the whole world will be doing the same. All the networks will want as much stock as possible to meet demand but for the first few months demand always outstrips supply.

Apple don’t have enough handsets for their direct customers. 

iPhone 16 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 423 of 432

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11566 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

They start production of new models around June / July each year, if I look my 16 Pro Max it was manufactured in July 2024, I dont think they could start producing them any earlier than that, as they need to start making changes to the manufacturing line, without disrupting the 15 PM line.. 

To find out the manufacturing date go to Settings -> Battery -> Battery Health

Also how to create demand, make fewer of the devices at the start... added to prioritise your own sales channels, Samsung and Google do the same.. why take 75% of the profit when you can take 100% 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 424 of 432

Locky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been given a delivery update of up to a week now so hopefully might mean start seeing some phones being delivered. 

Message 425 of 432

Harry213
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was this through email/text or via customer services?

Message 426 of 432

Locky
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was via text/ email I’ve had no luck trying to speak to customer service lol 

Message 427 of 432

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 369 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I’ve said it before but I would suggest for the people still awaiting their phones to either wait or cancel them, there is absolutely no point contacting O2, you will get scripted responses or be told what they think you want to hear just to try and please you which in turn will get you more frustrated than what you already are, no advisor you can speak to at O2 have any idea of stock levels or what the state of play is at the warehouse. Cancelling or waiting are the only two options, no amount of phone calls/chat sessions you have will change it, it’s been the exact same for the 15/16 years I have been with O2 where iPhone launches are concerned.

Message 428 of 432

Harry213
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine is still stuck at processing with delivery date of 20/09 so hoping there is some movement this week as ive had no text/email since my initial order

Message 429 of 432

chelsdunc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Only communication I’ve had is a email today saying they’ve added £1 credit to my next bill, aye cheers 😂

Message 430 of 432