Did you mean: 

iPhone 16 & Watch Series 10 Megathread + FAQ's

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 91 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following on from the recent Apple event we're pleased to announce that the iPhone 16 range is available to buy on O2. See more 👇 for details and shop links.

iPhone 16

iPhone 16
iPhone 16 Plus
iPhone 16 Pro
iPhone 16 Pro Max
cf9e7100-0797-463c-91a2-e17eefd3aed2.png iPhone 16 Plus.png iPhone 16 Pro.png iPhone 16 Pro Max.png

Apple Watch Series 10 & Watch Ultra 2

Apple Watch Series 10
Apple Watch Ultra 2
Watch Series 10 Titanium.png Apple Watch Ultra 2 - Black Titanium.png

Message 1 of 432
431 REPLIES 431

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 369 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jmilner no, can’t string a sentence together in proper English, they have absolutely no idea.

I’ve said it before in this thread no one should be even bothering getting in contact with CS as none of them have any idea, all you do is get yourself even more frustrated. It’s just a process you have to wait out, don’t bother calling for updates, the only time you should be calling is if you want to cancel the order because you don’t want the wait 

Message 401 of 432

jmilner
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Benlfc 

Ah ok thanks, so i'm guessing the agent probably made up the fact that there was a technical glitch and that it's stuck on processing then? Thanks

Message 402 of 432

Roblfc
Level 4: Observant
  • 58 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Basically running me in circles now...they don't have new stock until December now apparently but because I only have 11 days left to return this (and go without a handset for 3 months) I have to return it before next Friday or my switch up will be cancelled as the handset will be faulty and the phone needs to be in good condition for switch up....is this a joke?

Message 403 of 432

jmilner
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm contemplating cancelling the order and re-ordering the iPhone 16 Pro instead but i'm just not sure it's worth it and I don't want anything going wrong if i do it? Side note- if i was to cancel would it let me do switch up or will the 90 days have come into effect from when I first placed the order?

Message 404 of 432

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11566 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Roblfc wrote:

They are telling me middle of November before stock so I've put in a request to have my bill stopped till they sort a replacement otherwise I'm sure I'm in good reason to be able to get my contract stopped and I'll go elsewhere as I've had too many issues with o2 in the past so either they sort it and hold my bill and offer a discount on my bill as a good will gesture or they can release me from my switch up contract. Not happy at all 

To be honest that sounds about right as that is what Apple are quoting or if not Mid to end of October to replace phones for phones ordered direct from Apple.. 

Have you tried and Apple Store at all??  Might be worth a punt.. 

Apple can't refuse to help, and all o2 can do is based on the information they have...

I would just do a 14 day on the phone and hand it back and ask them to move you to sim only, and just use the sim in a different phone.. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 405 of 432

Roblfc
  • 58 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I can't because fir future switch up I need the same serial number...they are literally scamming me...I have 11 days to decide to cancel my contract or go without a phone for months 

Message 406 of 432

WR2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 has extremely unethical business practices, when i made my pre-order I specifically told the advisor ‘I don't want to place this order if it will not come on the release date’ as I have dealt with this the last 3 years with O2, they then told me ‘sir i guarantee you will receive it by the 21st latest’ I then made it clear again I will only order if this is true and it wont be delayed and they assured me it was all good. Come to release day and the following day, supposedly as its a pre-order it can take up to 4 weeks, which i was not made aware of by the team that sold me the device, which is unethical they lied to me to squeeze the sale. After this they offered me a few quid off my bill and i told them respectfully this is a slap in the face and i don't want the compensation and that i wanted a truthful update and explanation of what is happening and why this has happened to me every year as well as why their staff lie to me when selling me the device. I would appreciate a email of delays or eta’s but its stuck on 20/09 and guess what its not here….  I am more infuriated at the deception and lack of communication rather than delays, I've asked to open a ticket with the warehouse over the phone and the CS don’t have a single clue what to do and cant even get hold of managers or team leaders. Its shocking to get this kind of service from a big company, bunch of cowboys running the show here. 

Message 407 of 432

kiuagtteiir
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I thought I’d see what chat have to say again. 
and another different response

Hi Louise, as you're looking for an order update, please do not worry, I'll definitely help you with the same.

I see that you've ordered the brand new iPhone 16 Pro Max 512GB Black Titanium on 13/09/2024. Congratulations on your brand new device!

I know that you would be eagerly waiting for the new device however; the order goes through various stages before being shipped, including confirmation, fulfilment, and processing. Unfortunately, due to high demand, our stock levels have been depleted and we're working with our manufacturer to update their inventory as soon as possible.

We're coordinating with the manufacturer to ensure that they can fulfil our request for updated stock. You will receive multiple emails regarding your order's status as soon as it is dispatched from our facility and upon its arrival at the logistics company. Once your order is scanned at their warehouse, you'll receive another email with all the details, including the exact date and time of delivery. Additionally, the courier will send you a text message with the estimated time of arrival, allowing you to prepare or reschedule if necessary.
As a valued longstanding customer, we're committed to making sure you receive your new device as soon as possible. We'll keep your order active and notify you as soon as it's shipped.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and understanding during this time. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you toady with?

annoyingly I almost just bought outright and annoyed I didn’t now. Had a good experience with o2 the last 3-4 years. But honestly this year has put me right off ever ordering with them again.

Message 408 of 432

Roblfc
  • 58 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

That's not the issue. The issue is that they won't just let me use this phone till they get stock as by then it's past the 14 day return period and they won't take it back because they will just have it marked as faulty....the switch up needs to have the phone with no faults. So they sent me a faulty phone and are making me pay the price. Not happening 

Message 409 of 432

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 369 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jmilner wrote:

@Benlfc 

Ah ok thanks, so i'm guessing the agent probably made up the fact that there was a technical glitch and that it's stuck on processing then? Thanks

@jmilner they make everything up as they go along 

Message 410 of 432