Did you mean: 

iPhone 16 & Watch Series 10 Megathread + FAQ's

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 90 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following on from the recent Apple event we're pleased to announce that the iPhone 16 range is available to pre-order on O2. See more 👇 for details and shop links.

iPhone 16

iPhone 16
iPhone 16 Plus
iPhone 16 Pro
iPhone 16 Pro Max
cf9e7100-0797-463c-91a2-e17eefd3aed2.png iPhone 16 Plus.png iPhone 16 Pro.png iPhone 16 Pro Max.png

Apple Watch Series 10 & Watch Ultra 2

Apple Watch Series 10
Apple Watch Ultra 2
Watch Series 10 Titanium.png Apple Watch Ultra 2 - Black Titanium.png

Questions?

We're updating our website and we'll also curate some FAQs below.

Message 1 of 270
269 REPLIES 269

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11492 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Benlfc 

I was saying based on past pre-orders as it was always £50 before today... 

Things change and this could be the new changes for pre-orders to reduce stock liability, but this is all guessing..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 91 of 270

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 350 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@madasaf1sh possibly, I’m going to have to contact other stores and ask them

Message 92 of 270

CyberScy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My partner just completed her Switch Up preorder online successfully, too. It’s looking like you’d have to post your old phone regardless of online or in store reading these replies (?). Online was very smooth

Message 93 of 270

Benlfc
  • 350 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@CyberScy wrote:

My partner just completed her Switch Up preorder online successfully, too. It’s looking like you’d have to post your old phone regardless of online or in store reading these replies (?). Online was very smooth

@CyberScy I don’t think by doing it in store you should have to post it if you select the in store option when pre ordering. I could be wrong so going to have to do some research by ringing other stores to see what they do

Message 94 of 270

CyberScy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fair enough, I hope you can get an answer to it so it would be cleared up, and that you can get your new phone

Message 95 of 270

Benlfc
  • 350 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@madasaf1sh going over the FAQ’s at the beginning of this thread again and it would suggest the store have chosen the wrong option in mine and my friends case.

Q. Can I use O2 Switch Up on the new iPhone?

AO2 Switch Up is available from pre-order online and in store. Customers who order online will need to send their old phone back when they receive their new phone. Customers who visit a retail store will be asked for their old phone when they collect their new iPhone.  More info about O2 Switch Up 👉

Message 96 of 270

KGMD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The process the store followed was correct, all pre orders are now switch up later where you return the device after picking up your new phone. Stores have no ability to process your switch up after the pre order has already been placed. The only way for a store to take the device off you for switch up is if the phone is in stock in the store, otherwise it is by post.

The grading that was done in store is only an indicative grading and it will be reassessed when O2 receive your phone after you post it. If any damage occurs between now and the time O2 receive your device, your device will be recycled and you will be charged the difference on your next bill. There's no way around this if you want to pre-order the device and perform a switch up.

Edit: Just to make it clear you could have done a switch up in store today but they would have had to take your phone off you and you would be without a phone until the new device arrives.

Message 97 of 270

Benlfc
  • 350 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@KGMD I did say I could be wrong. Assume you work for O2? Has this changed within the last year or so?

Message 98 of 270

garetc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 131 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

This is quite normal, I had one changed a year or so ago and it registered the old one. A manager had to come and override the system to let it go through.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 99 of 270

KGMD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Originally, there was no option to Switch Up later and they all had to be done in store at the point of sale. The only change now is that you can choose to do it later after receiving your device. There was never an option of doing the pre order and handing your phone in when collecting it.

As long as you've genuinely got no issues with the device then the switch up return will be fine, I recommend packaging in the original box if you have it, otherwise wrap it in bubblewrap and put it in the box you receive with your return pack.

Message 100 of 270