Did you mean: 

Use your UK bundles in Europe!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We have some great news regarding roaming in Europe.

from 15 June customers on O2’s Pay Monthly, Pay As You Go and Business tariffs will be able to use their inclusive allowances while travelling in Europe. So while the weather will hopefully be different to the UK, using their phone won’t be. And to celebrate, three lucky people will have the chance to win a weekend break to a European destination.

O2 customers don’t need to do anything to take advantage of the changes. Instead, from Thursday 15 June they’ll simply be able to make and receive calls and texts to anyone in O2’s Europe Zone and use their data allowance too. If they need extra data while they’re abroad, O2 customers will be able to add a Bolt On just like they can at home – they’ll be able to use any leftover data when they return too.

To help get people in to the holiday spirit, O2 is giving away three weekend breaks to a European destination and full details will be announced through its social media channels later today. Each break is for two people and includes flights, accommodation and £500 spending money. For more info on this giveaway check out the terms and conditions here wink

O2’s Europe Zone covers 47 countries for Pay Monthly and Business customers. These are: Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar (UK), Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin (French), San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands and Vatican City. Destinations outside the EU/EEA are also included – Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco and Switzerland.

For Pay As You Go customers Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco and Switzerland aren’t included in O2’s Europe Zone. Customers can still access these destinations at O2’s standard European rates or via the O2 Travel Bolt On. Pay As You Go £30 Big Bundle customers can use up to 10GB of their 20GB data allowance.

• From 15 June, O2 customers can use their inclusive calls, texts and data bundles when travelling to Europe at no extra cost.
  • O2’s Europe Zone for Pay Monthly and Business customers covers 47 countries including Jersey, Guernsey and Switzerland.
  • A chance to win one of three European weekend trips for two people in June, July and August including flights, accommodation and £500 spending money

O2 will be texting its customers about the changes from 15 May. For more information, including all the applicable terms and conditions see below.

Pay Monthly terms and conditions

Pay As You Go terms and conditions

If you have any questions about the roaming changes please ask wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10141 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3003 Solutions
o2 still have no 4G roaming agreements with any EU network including Telefonica owned networks, and from what i can garner none forthcoming.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are any changes being planned to the other O2 Travel 'deals'? 

For example my current plan is 'Free EU Roaming' (just waives the £1.99 fee, which now of course is redundant anyway), but the standard £3.99 / £4.99 O2 Travel elsewhere.

EE are now offering a 4EEMax plan with includes some of the destinations that O2 Travel cover for for £4.99 as a freebie for the more expensive tarrifs (in a similar way the 'Free EU Roaming' was offering when I re-newed last year).

Message 12 of 72

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It all sounds pretty good to me...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 72

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for all the feedback and questions so far guys it's very helpful to hear what you think about the changes. I'll post answers to peoples queries as soon as I can. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 72

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Cleoriff@madasaf1sh@topmekSo I've read through the terms and it's not as good as you think.  O2 are only doing the very min for it to work. And I mean the very basic

so for example.  If you are on PAYG and have a o2 big bundle with 20gb data. Then you can only use 10Gb of this in Europe.

Speeds also abroad are also limited which states in their terms as well.  No 4G mentioned and in the KFI it states if you use 50mb or more per day we will slow you down and certain things will also not work correctly.

Mobile broadband tariffs are not allowed at all abroad and it's still restricted for UK only.. so you will still not be allowed to use your data over seas.

you can not use your sim in a modem or anything else that it wasn't intended for. So simply it's for mobile use and only mobile use.

also pay as you go do not get Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco or Switzerland and will still need to pay £1.99 per 100mb.

there a lot of terms and it's no where near as straight forward as Vodafone, EE or BT Mobile one.

their is a fair useage on everything and I'm afraid Tethering is not allowed.

You must not establish, install or use a gateway device or SIM box without our prior written consent (including devices tethered via cable, Bluetooth or wifi, to a computer or the internet, when used for making large volumes of calls or sending large volumes of texts). We can withhold our consent for this activity at our absolute discretion.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 15 of 72

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"Speeds also abroad are also limited which states in their terms as well. No 4G mentioned and in the KFI it states if you use 50mb or more per day we will slow you down and certain things will also not work correctly."

Pointless then,
Message 16 of 72

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Yep. Like I said,  it's the very very basic to get round it.

they even said on a mobile news site some where that there Roaming would just be what's been asked by the eu and nothing more.

vodafone to me are clearly the best and they have said you can use your data any how you want and as much as you want, BT Mobile are the same but limiting to 15GB,  EE I've not checked.

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 17 of 72

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Oh and here's the last bit which made me laugh.  So another words we can do what ever we want, when ever we want and you can't do anything about it.  Lol

What happens if your usage falls outside this Fair Usage policy?

Calls and texts: If we reasonably suspect you're not behaving within this policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM card or your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
Data use: When you use a lot of data, it slows things down for everyone. So to keep things fair, we keep an eye on how much data you, and all our customers, are using. We can use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for other customers. This may happen at specific times of day and/or in specific locations. We may impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed, remove access to your tariff allowances or Bolt Ons, impose further charges to your account, and/or disconnect your SIM card at any time. Information about traffic shaping and throttling can be found in our KFI (Key Facts Indicator) here. If we reasonably suspect you're not behaving within this policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM card or your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first

Message 18 of 72

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

BBC have also jumped on o2 roaming

quote "it did not go much beyond what the operator would have to do under the new EU rules, said Kester Mann, a telecoms analyst at CCS Insight."

So there you go, even the industry has also picked up on how it's just doing the basic and not like some of the other networks and done much more.

what is going on at o2. This could have been a massive selling point, to which it's nothing exciting now

Message 19 of 72

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Which other networks impose a throttle to unusable speeds at 50mb?
Genuinely curious
Message 20 of 72