Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try the Tech - Official Programme Launched

Anonymous
Not applicable

TTT_1.png

Dear all,

After a few months of beta trial, we are delighted to officially launch the Try the Tech programme! It’s open to all community members and we hope many of you will enjoy the opportunity to try out as many devices as possible. Participating couldn’t be easier, please read carefully the programme description and the Terms & Conditions below.

GO HERE FOR INFO ON THE LATEST TRY THE TECH PHASE!

Try the Tech is a programme exclusive to O2 Community members. Some of our top contributors are very keen on trying out the latest handsets and tablets and we want to give you the opportunity to borrow them from us. No more visiting shops or playing with your friends’ mobiles! You will receive the device of your choice (subject to availability) at your home address and you can trial it for 2 weeks free of charge.

Who is eligible?

Any member of the O2 Community can apply to participate in this programme, however the most active contributors will be given priority - it’s our way to say thank you for all their hard work over the years. If you’ve just joined the community or not been very active, get noticed! We love reviews, FAQs, videos and guides made by our community members, and that’s a very good way to get our attention.

The mechanics 

Every time we have a device available, we will post an announcement in the official Try the Tech thread, where you can register your interest and then PM a member of the community team. We will get in touch with the ones who get picked directly by PM and arrange delivery. By agreeing to participate to the programme we will assume that you have agreed the Terms & Conditions.

You can then trial it for 2 weeks, play and learn everything about it, write reviews, tease the community with pictures and film your video guides. At the end of the 2 weeks trial, you will be required to send it back to us via the pre-paid jiffy bag enclosed.

Things to remember

• Unless stated, the device will be delivered without a SIM card or credit, you will need to request one from customer services or pick one up from your local store if yours is unsuitable
  • Please take good care of the device while in your possession. Remember that it will be sent to other community members, please be considerate and avoid scratches and damage
  • If you take pictures or download photo/audio/video, make sure you transfer the media to your own device(s) as they will be wiped and we won’t be able to recover any content
  • Use it legally , decently, and not to cause offence, harm or damage to O2’s reputation
  • A short summary of your review will be needed as a blog article teaser.
  • Share your experience with other community members!

Try the Tech Terms and Conditions

1. Devices are subject to availability and our acceptance of your application to participate in the programme.
  2. Telefónica UK Limited (“we”, “us”, or O2”) will at all times remain the owners of the device and you agree to return it to us in good condition and in full working order when asked to do so by the community team (Usually 14 days i.e. the “Trial Period”). Trial Periods cannot be renewed.
  3. If you fail to return the device after the Trial Period or when requested to do so by us, or if you return it damaged, we shall be entitled to charge you up to the full retail value of the device. If you lose/damage the pre-paid envelope intended to return the phone back to us, you will be financially responsible to pay for the phone to be returned by post safely.
  4. You will be responsible and liable to us for any theft, loss, breakdown or damage to the device from the time it’s in your possession until you return it to us.
  5. We can request the return of the device at any time prior to the expiry of your Trial Period.
  6. Only one device can be trialled at a time.
  7. Devices must be returned in accordance with our instructions only and must include all accessories originally supplied to you in full working order.
  8. You must not store any personal information (including images and videos) on to the device. Such information shall not be saved by us and you shall perform a ‘factory re-set’ before returning the device back to us. We are not responsible for the loss of any data on the device.
  9. You are required to review the device on the O2 Community site.
  10. Devices must be used in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions. You must not install your own software or change any system settings on the device.
  11. You must have a vaid O2 phone number registered in your name to take part in try the tech. 
Message 1 of 220
219 REPLIES 219

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Another great opportunity for O2 members - thanks slight_smile

Message 21 of 220

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the sound of this. How do I put my name forward?
Message 22 of 220

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Send a PM to @Toby stating your preference.

Send this user a private message

....just had a PM from the Tobemiester...!!!!!!  Might be recieving the Nokia device which I asked to test...!!!!

I'm .ecstatic ..!!!!!  Bouncy

Message 24 of 220

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

This sounds great and I've been in touch with Toby. However I was wondering one thing, could we get a sim card adapter so i can use my nano sim in a standard or micro sim phone? 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 26 of 220

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, I bought a set of R Sim adapters off eBay for 49p. Saves sim swapping all the time slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 220

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Nice one. I shall look for them now. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 28 of 220

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So where do I go? And who do we speak with regarding this Official Programme? @Toby 

Message 29 of 220

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Send @Toby a PM

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,