Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 536

Re: Try the Tech - Official Programme Launched

@Anonymous wrote:

Ill try not to be too Apple biased ;-)

Keep your eye on this one @Toby LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I am not sure how we can really test the devices to the full without putting personal stuff on them.

I am sure we all put apps on, access email, look up stuff online, add our contacts etc. Without doing this then the Device is rendered useless.

I agree that when we return the Device we must factory data reset. I think it goes without saying.

We want to post great reviews and to do this we need to really push the devices to their limit.

It is of course a great scheme and I think I can safely say for us all we really appreciate it.
Anonymous

I read this as if you send back a device with pictures etc on it then they are non returnable as the phone is wiped at source.
Anonymous

Hi Bob

Absolutely. Of course a factory data reset before sending it back and the removal of any sd card would sort that it.

😊
Topics: 536

@Anonymous wrote:

@aldaweb wrote:

8. You must not store any personal information (including images and videos) on to the device. Such information shall not be saved by us and you shall perform a ‘factory re-set’ before returning the device back to us. We are not responsible for the loss of any data on the device.

Would this not be worded better as "You must remove any personal information (including images and videos) from and factory reset the device before returning it."

Otherwise it implies not being able to use it to the full.

@aldaweb The wording is from the Legal department but your interpretation is correct Smiley Wink

@Anonymous Confirmed here already.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

In Other words we that is 02 will Not be held responsible for any data left in said returned device.

Reasonable IMO.
Anonymous

Very reasonable and also very appropriate.

I think the Device Loan scheme is a great idea and o2 should be complimented for it.
Anonymous

I concur.

Smiley Wink
Topics: 549

That was the way I understood it. You have to use the phone to it's full potential otherwise there would be no point in the exercise at all.

Anonymous

Yup sounds good. Cheers