Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No app any time soon @Anonymous. There has been no announcement at all.

If you live in a rural area you could ring O2 again and ask to be supplied with a Boost Box. A few people on here are in a similar situation to you and have been given the option of a boost box. It may cost £180....one or two others have been offered them free of charge

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 711 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

There won't be a new app, if there was they would have announced it long ago, before everyone affected left.

As for paying o2 £180 for a boost box, I personally wouldn't, I've just ported 3 numbers to Vodafone and you can buy their equivelent of the boostbox from their online store for £70.

Message 712 of 1,062

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous If O2 were intending to replace the app they would have made the announcement long before the day before they were going to end the service. I would be very surprised if the announcement they make on December 1st will be enough to appease the many customers who are unhappy about TuGo's demise.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 713 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the first time ever that I have posted on this forum and the only reason to do so is to complain about the incredibly ill-judged decision by O2 to close Tu Go!

I have been an O2 customer for over 10 years and now I’m planning to change to another provider.

Like everyone else, I’m also looking for alternatives in other service providers to obtain a similar service to Tu Go. I mostly used Tu Go when I travel abroad (outside the EU) so I can have a local number (sim-card) installed on my iPhone while having Tu Go to be able to receive and make calls (plus txt messages) abroad and using the internet services of the local service provider.

To close this magnificent App is short of idiotic. O2 will lose a considerable number of loyal customers in order to increase their revenue… there it goes the motto “customer first”.

I will go to a Vodafone shop today to find out about their Wi-Fi calling service while abroad and if this is a good option, I will leave O2.

Terrible, terrible decision!

Message 714 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to add my name to the list of people who can't believe O2 is doing this. No signal where I live, close to the centre of Sheffield, so TU Go has been the thing that allows me to make and receive calls and texts. It's also been the thing that keeps me with O2.

Was thinking of buying a OnePlus 5T but - guess what - not supported by WiFi calling. Hmmm.

Can't download my texts from Tu Go. Hmmm.

Vodafone has a signal booster ... Ha! Looks like all of our family will be shifting to them. And I'll be letting everyone in our large estate know about this - O2 has been the major choice here, but I can see that changing.

Why did O2 decide to ditch Tu Go so casually and carelessly? I guess it's not making them money, and they think they can get people like me to buy new handsets and new contracts.

Very, very bad and callous decision, O2. Been with you for years, but going soon. Goodbye!
Message 715 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think someone has taken the bung out of the hole on the good ship O2. Quite a large bung considering the rate the ship is sinking. 

Message 716 of 1,062

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think someone has taken the bung out of the hole on the good ship O2. Quite a large bung considering the rate the ship is sinking. 

Dive dive dive lol

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 717 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's in my diary to scour the website at the crack of dawn on the 1st of Never..... 

Message 718 of 1,062

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

T minus 4 h 30 mins and counting lol 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 719 of 1,062

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Will they work like TuGo via carrier?

Samsung S8
Message 720 of 1,062