Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

@Chris_K can you respond to this and confirm what is being said on @o2 twitter feed

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well, I was told only 2000 leaflets are being dispatched and that the call I was on was being recorded and therefore a guarantee.

I've not had my query regarding this clarified so I am cancelling the order and in the process I am going to make a bit of a stink. The offer is grossly misleading.
Highlighted
Topics: 82

This I have been told too, however I was told that by someone who was unaware of the offer in the first place? Offer STILL on O2 site. Have o2 seriously sold less than 2000 so far?

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Do the O2 people not realise how annoying the replies that there are, are?
O2 have mmade this mess them selves with their 2000 'first come first served' tablet offer. If the offer had been 'pre-order and we'll confirm you get one' then 80% of the problems would be avoided and people would be annoyed, but okay to wait 2-3 days. But this is not the case, it's their own making.
Good things come to those who wait? I suppose you would be happy for those of us who miss out on a tablet due to delays and lack of communication (as we work during the day and have to book time off in advance) to contact you directly and claim a tablet from you directly as we have waited and now want the good thing promised to arrive?
Finally, to O2 this maybe aa run of the mill thing, s5 launch, m8 launch day in day out. However for us, we upgrade once every 2 years so it's a big occasion and 3rd largest financial commitment I will make (house, then car) so a little bit of thought would not go amiss.
Highlighted
Anonymous

if they have had less than 2000 preorders by now it must be the worst selling phone in o2 history, even taking into account the recent Samsung and HTC launches. The website does say "When the customer makes a qualifying pre-order purchase of the Sony Xperia Z2 phone in accordance with these terms and conditions they will receive a redemption leaflet with their Sony Xperia Z2 phone"

So that means everyone who preorders gets a leaflet?

Highlighted
Anonymous

'Good things come to those that wait' is a cliche in the first instance and putting it is a politely as I can.. Blindingly arrogant.
Highlighted

That's why I don't believe what they told me In chat.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Fstrpaul.. We still don't know and because of that, it is reasonable to allow customers to cancel their pre-order if they have been mislead.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I just wish they would come out and say, this is the release date confirmed, you will get your phone on this date and if your really lucky you might get one of the tablets, a bit of honesty I could respect instead of the sarcastic, dont give a crap answers from the online team.

Highlighted

Exactly, I'm sick of "check here for details of that promotion" also in o2's heads this is fair: I preorder a month ago for delivery at home because I see the tablet offer, my mate preorders 3 days ago for collection at store as he say works next door. He collects his tomorrow and gets a tablet redeemed, I get mine delivered next wed (bank holiday) and I go to redeem tablet but am greeted with "we're sorry but that offer has expired etc etc" that's fair?