cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chris_K can you respond to this and confirm what is being said on @o2 twitter feed

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 71 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I was told only 2000 leaflets are being dispatched and that the call I was on was being recorded and therefore a guarantee.

I've not had my query regarding this clarified so I am cancelling the order and in the process I am going to make a bit of a stink. The offer is grossly misleading.
Message 72 of 1,043

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
This I have been told too, however I was told that by someone who was unaware of the offer in the first place? Offer STILL on O2 site. Have o2 seriously sold less than 2000 so far?
Message 73 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do the O2 people not realise how annoying the replies that there are, are?
O2 have mmade this mess them selves with their 2000 'first come first served' tablet offer. If the offer had been 'pre-order and we'll confirm you get one' then 80% of the problems would be avoided and people would be annoyed, but okay to wait 2-3 days. But this is not the case, it's their own making.
Good things come to those who wait? I suppose you would be happy for those of us who miss out on a tablet due to delays and lack of communication (as we work during the day and have to book time off in advance) to contact you directly and claim a tablet from you directly as we have waited and now want the good thing promised to arrive?
Finally, to O2 this maybe aa run of the mill thing, s5 launch, m8 launch day in day out. However for us, we upgrade once every 2 years so it's a big occasion and 3rd largest financial commitment I will make (house, then car) so a little bit of thought would not go amiss.
Message 74 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

if they have had less than 2000 preorders by now it must be the worst selling phone in o2 history, even taking into account the recent Samsung and HTC launches. The website does say "When the customer makes a qualifying pre-order purchase of the Sony Xperia Z2 phone in accordance with these terms and conditions they will receive a redemption leaflet with their Sony Xperia Z2 phone"

So that means everyone who preorders gets a leaflet?

Message 75 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
'Good things come to those that wait' is a cliche in the first instance and putting it is a politely as I can.. Blindingly arrogant.
Message 76 of 1,043

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
That's why I don't believe what they told me In chat.
Message 77 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fstrpaul.. We still don't know and because of that, it is reasonable to allow customers to cancel their pre-order if they have been mislead.
Message 78 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wish they would come out and say, this is the release date confirmed, you will get your phone on this date and if your really lucky you might get one of the tablets, a bit of honesty I could respect instead of the sarcastic, dont give a crap answers from the online team.

Message 79 of 1,043

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Exactly, I'm sick of "check here for details of that promotion" also in o2's heads this is fair: I preorder a month ago for delivery at home because I see the tablet offer, my mate preorders 3 days ago for collection at store as he say works next door. He collects his tomorrow and gets a tablet redeemed, I get mine delivered next wed (bank holiday) and I go to redeem tablet but am greeted with "we're sorry but that offer has expired etc etc" that's fair?
Message 80 of 1,043