Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

[ Edited ]

Agreed, O2 need to sing from the same hymn sheet. This is terrible. My work place has a central ICT system and when we bring up a customers order/agreement everyone sees the same info. If some thing is delayed, we update the database with a new date and every corner of the company sees the same updated info. It seems this is not the case with O2.

Anyway, I spoke to live chat yesterday and got the same thing. In Wigan store tomorrow, come down and collect it. Now we all know damned well that the store will either not have stock -or- refuse to give me my phone i paid for, but we will see what happens. 

Also, the complaint about bad comments and bad language? O2 have hundreds if not thousands of angry customers banging on their door trying to chase a product O2 have taken the money for and are now not able to deliver and are ignoring their customers who are about to commit to them for 2 years. Seriously? no bad language? lol

Also, O2 seem to have forgotten that they offered tablets to the first 2000 orders, strictly limited numbers and have repeated first come first served about 15 times in their literature. With that kind of proviso, what do ou think is going to happen when you delay half the phones and not the others?!? 

If its not in store today/tomorrow then im cancelling and putting the entire debarcle on the forums I am a mod on and then walking to the vodafone store and getting one there and then.

O2 : Sullivan: Perfect, that's correct!
O2 : Sullivan: I can see that your order is been dispatched today and the delivery is next day so you'll receive the order tomorrow.
O2 : Sullivan: Congratulations for the new phone!
Paul: to the 02 store?
O2 : Sullivan: Yes, that's correct!
O2 : Sullivan: You can collect the phone from O2 store tomorrow.
Paul: ive not got a text or any thing about this? is that right? how ill i know to collect?
O2 : Sullivan: Yes, it is updated in our system sod on't worry at all, you'll receive the text also tomorrow for this
Paul: lets hope so.
Paul: thanks
O2 : Sullivan: Anytime for you!
O2 : Sullivan: You're welcome!

Highlighted
Anonymous

They read the forums definitely but they are cowards hiding behind their customer care, people are complaining on twitter where o2 replies daily to help people but guess what no replies on xperia z2 questions. If the phone is not in my hands on Thursday at latest Friday, I'm going to Vodafone and getting it
Highlighted
Anonymous

I to have pre ordered, mainly due to the tablet promotion. I did a live chat this morning and was told stock would be in May 1st , so I asked if I could collect on that day and was told no It would be 2nd or 3rd which is not good as I'm off on holiday on the 2nd! So my phone will just be sitting there and I may miss out on the tablet.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's funny @Toby said you can pm him anytime on one of the z2 posts and huh look at that, he's been on since I sent my pm to him regarding this and no reply!
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous

Good morning and welcome to the Community. Re Toby our Co-Ordinator, he will get back to you when he has an answer. However your expectations must also be reasonable. His job involves much more than just looking at pm messages, he has quite a wide remit. In my experience he is usually quick to respond, usually next day at latest but it does depend on what he is trying to resolve.

Be realistic here. So your new phone isn't quite yet available. It isn't the end of the world. The best things come to those who wait.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The problem is piper dog whenever you chat to anyone at O2 you are given different estimates ranging from already dispatched to not available until around the 8th May and some of us have had these phones on order for over a month and other networks have had stock for quite a while now.
Surely someone at O2 knows exactly when you will have stock.
Highlighted
Topics: 546

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

Surely someone at O2 knows exactly when you will have stock.

You would think so wouldn't you?

But, it does seem to be the same with every new phone launch Crazy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

The problem is the tablet offer is only available for the 1st 2000 people that get the voucher out of the box and get online to register, so everyone is desperate to find out when they can get hold of the phone so they can be in that 2000 people to claim the offer. I would expect the offer to run out the morning of the launch whenever that willl be. So people who are waiting for deliveries are going to be at a disadvatage to those collecting from store. O2 just need to manage our expectations and give us honest feedback. There is no way they dont know when we will have the phones.

Highlighted
Anonymous

If I am unable to still get the tablet I will just cancel the contract within 7 days and go and buy the phone from another supplier cheaper than o2
Highlighted
Topics: 81

This is a bit of a joke to be honest I'm sure that the majority of people including myself have preordered this for the tablet offer. The terms of that offer state when tablet stock run out this site will be updated. O2 chat and twitter have told me that means when 2000 are sold the preorder cannot be placed. I don't believe that and if this turns out to be 5000 leaflets sent out with first come first served at the tablet redemption end then I'm afraid that's not on and is a massive misrepresentation of goods considering the 300 discount on further product is a main selling point. I think someone from O2 need to clear up the leaflet situation ASAP