Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops - Free screen replacement from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We know how much you love your phone. And we know accidents happen. That's why we’re giving you free accidental damage cover, with selected phones and tariffs. This means you'll be covered for up to 24 months, in which time you'll be able to make one claim. So it won't be the end of the world if your brand new phone slips out of your hands... Oops!

Wow, amazing! What phones is this offer available on?!
Glad you asked. You can find a full list of phones this is available on right here

What if I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note8 already?
If you already pre-ordered this online or over the phone on our 30GB or 50GB O2 Refresh tariff, you can get this free cover. Or pay £5 to upgrade it, so you’re also covered if your phone is lost or stolen. Already ordered insurance with your new Note8? Don’t worry, you can switch it. We’ll be in touch, but you can also call us on 03332 341 478 to request your cover now.

If you've ever had your own "Oops" moment, let us know down below. What was my own Oops moment? It happened about 3 weeks ago - my phone was in my hand, I went to turn the lights off to go out with some friends, my phone slipped, and it fell onto the table below. I heard that unmistakable cracking sound and I knew it was bad, before even seeing it. And then I saw the damage and my heart sank. With our Oops free screen replacement on eligible handsets and tariffs, this is a feeling you won't need to worry about!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@paulad1553According to the terms and conditions it's only available for handsets bought from the 12th September  https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/full-terms-for-free-insurance-from-12/09/17

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 33

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@paulad1553According to the terms and conditions it's only available for handsets bought from the 12th September  https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/full-terms-for-free-insurance-from-12/09/17

That's right so I'm afraid you are out of luck. Check home or bank account to see if you are covered at all. 

Message 22 of 33

Hagueyno1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK, so I got the galaxy note 8 last October for my birthday/upgrade too, about an hour ago I got it the car and the thing has slipped out my pocket and hit the drive face down (obviously had to be face down), now I pay a good chunk each month over the £63 barrier I'm on 02 refresh with 30gb of data a month but I can't for the life of me find out how I go about claiming my one free screen replacement anywhere on the Web or on My 02 App so any help will be much appreciated, Thankyou.
Message 23 of 33

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so assuming you have the bolt on showing as active in your MyO2 you need to call customer services who will take you through the claim process and fill out the claim forms for you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Hagueyno1  All info here https://www.o2.co.uk/screenreplacement

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 33

Hagueyno1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cleoriff,
The way that reads is that it only applies to the Samsung galaxy s9 the s9+ and the iPhone X, but no mention of the note 8 or s8 s8+. So do I not get the screen because I got the latest phone at the time but they've since brought a new one out or do you know if they'll still honour it? Cheers matey.
Message 26 of 33

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

As I said @Hagueyno1

You need to have the bolt on showing in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

bolts.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 33

Hagueyno1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
Apologies I didn't see this but I also don't have it showing for some reason as I meet all other requirements so I think a trip to the shop itself is in order tomorrow to see what's amiss but I'll bet a pound to a penny there is a reason I've not got what you've just shown me
Message 28 of 33

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would have been added automatically if you were eligible for it when you started the contract.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 33

Caiicera
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday I woke up to an iphone x with half the screen displaying white but no visible damage. Of course I was devastated as it's such an expensive phone and I was not sure what had happened for this problem to occur. 

Luckily for me a free screen replacement is included in my tariff with o2. I called up and made a claim which was accepted in less than ten minutes. They arranged for a DPD courier to come and collect the damaged phone the very next day and he also brought me a replacement phone at the same time.

I am so impressed with the speed with which o2 replaced my damaged handset. I literally had to wait less than 24 hours for a fully functioning handset which is mine to keep now. o2 have made my day and i'm so happy to be a customer with this level of excellent service.

Message 30 of 33