O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys,

It's best to head over here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/m-p/317174#M28389

That's where the main discussion and all updates are taking place.

Hi guys,

Just reiterating this slight_smile

Message 81 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

I m abroad and again the network is donw. Can't wait to terminate this contract.. Pack code and new carrier is the next step. This is becoming a joke! 

Message 82 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
And the worst is that O2 is announcing on their website that everything is OK now, but in addition to being unable to sms or make and receive calls, now my voicemail is deactivated also....
Message 83 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine been down since mid morning, not happy at all, dropping o2 asap

Message 84 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract expires in December... for good, I think...
Message 85 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

network down cant make any call text ....   😞

Message 86 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 also down, can't make calls, texts etc, then you read that most is up & running - not with anyone I know who has been moaning all day on Facebook about O2. V annoying, esp when you then can't get through to anyone either by phone, or "ask Lucy" or online as "all busy!!"  I assume there are going to be a lot of people changing to other networks after this latest fiasco!!

Message 87 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
no texts no calls ......
Message 88 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
no texts no calls ......

The thread you need with all the latest information is here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/td-p/317174

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 89 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before everyone thinks of leaving O2, I must admit that after being with Vodafone for years and then O2 for the last 3 years, I think O2 customer services are far the best, there is no comparison! Other family members have been with Orange, would not touch with a barge pole either!

As always, as soon as anything like this happens, some go straight for the compensation route. Have those people ever had to run a business? and deal with problems which are out of their control? I tell you, it is not easy keeping everyone happy all of the time!

This is exactly the compensation culture which increases our insurance premiums every year?

So please give O2 a chance, if not then go and change provider, bet you will be worst off though?

Message 90 of 288