Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 536

Re: O2 customers in the Caribbean – stay safe!

Your mentions not working there @jonsie

@MercedesS @Martin-O2 @Marjo

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 549

Anonymous

Thank you @jonsie and @MI5. Here's hoping for a prompt solution. 

Topics: 693

It seems totally inappropriate that a member of the military @Anonymous...who was deployed for Hurricane relief has incurred any charges whatsoever!

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 549

@Cleoriff wrote:

It seems totally inappropriate that a member of the military @Anonymous...who was deployed for Hurricane relief has incurred any charges whatsoever!

Absolutely spot on! 

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

It's absolutely disgusting is what it is ☹
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

O2 Social Media Team

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a lovely sentiment to have said this - but I've had a lot of trouble actually getting o2 to repay my roaming charges! I am in the military and deployed to Anguilla (amongst other Caribbean islands) for Hurricane relief, and was there for four weeks. Due to damaged infrastructure, whatsapp was our only method of communication, and building up £4.99 per day is quite costly. 

I have called o2 multiple times, and struggled to get reimbursed, but on top of this, o2 have now said that they only were providing free roaming charges until 23rd September. Not even all the British Civilians were evacuated by this date - seems a little harsh! 

Hi @Anonymous. If you incurred charges during our support period from 6th September to 24th September while in the Caribbean locations listed here, these should absolutely be refunded to your account. If that hasn't been the case, please do let me know.

If the charges are outside our support period or in locations not listed here, these would not automatically be refunded. If you need any additional support due to being in the Caribbean outside our support period, please do get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to look into your individual circumstances.

Hi, I'm from the O2 Social Media team
alert We're unable to access your account from the O2 Community. alert
 Tag me for any O2 product or service issues.
Tag @Martin-O2 or @Marjo for anything else.
Former Staff

Thanks for the help @Chris_Kthumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Chris_K, thank you for your offer of help! after many phone calls and lots of people saying they'll 'look into it' i still have not been refunded my £96 bill from last month. I appreciate that my bill from this month won't necessarily be refunded, which is a shame given that I was out delivering humanitarian aid and colleagues of mine have had their bills refunded (by O2) until their return date to the UK, which was 4th October.

I would really appreciate you looking into this for me.