cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customers in the Caribbean – stay safe!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
O2DefaultNews.png

We’ve been tracking the recent news around hurricanes affecting areas in the Caribbean and we understand some of our customers may have been impacted by these events.

We want to make things as easy as we can for you. If you have loved ones who may have been affected,  we’ll remove all usage charges from the UK to landlines and roaming mobiles in the region, as well as usage charges for our customers roaming in the Caribbean.  We’ll monitor accounts and credit all relevant charges accordingly.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Your mentions not working there @jonsie

@MercedesS @Martin-O2 @Marjo

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @jonsie and @MI5. Here's hoping for a prompt solution. 

Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It seems totally inappropriate that a member of the military @Anonymous...who was deployed for Hurricane relief has incurred any charges whatsoever!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It seems totally inappropriate that a member of the military @Anonymous...who was deployed for Hurricane relief has incurred any charges whatsoever!

Absolutely spot on! 

Message 15 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
It's absolutely disgusting is what it is ☹
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 19

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a lovely sentiment to have said this - but I've had a lot of trouble actually getting o2 to repay my roaming charges! I am in the military and deployed to Anguilla (amongst other Caribbean islands) for Hurricane relief, and was there for four weeks. Due to damaged infrastructure, whatsapp was our only method of communication, and building up £4.99 per day is quite costly. 

I have called o2 multiple times, and struggled to get reimbursed, but on top of this, o2 have now said that they only were providing free roaming charges until 23rd September. Not even all the British Civilians were evacuated by this date - seems a little harsh! 

Hi @Anonymous. If you incurred charges during our support period from 6th September to 24th September while in the Caribbean locations listed here, these should absolutely be refunded to your account. If that hasn't been the case, please do let me know.

If the charges are outside our support period or in locations not listed here, these would not automatically be refunded. If you need any additional support due to being in the Caribbean outside our support period, please do get in touch with our customer service team who will be able to look into your individual circumstances.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 17 of 19

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks for the help @Chris_Kthumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K, thank you for your offer of help! after many phone calls and lots of people saying they'll 'look into it' i still have not been refunded my £96 bill from last month. I appreciate that my bill from this month won't necessarily be refunded, which is a shame given that I was out delivering humanitarian aid and colleagues of mine have had their bills refunded (by O2) until their return date to the UK, which was 4th October.

I would really appreciate you looking into this for me. 

Message 19 of 19