Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard that a lot O2 customers who rely on their devices for internet access were unable to access their UNIVERSAL CREDIT ACCOUNT.  If they have been mandated by the jobcentre to login into their accounts daily or in some cases 2-3 times daily, this would leadtoa sanction or sanctions for faliure. Will O2 now be open to Civil Action or a Class Action to getthis money refunded. In somecase where rent is involved this loss could be catastrpohic Any Views ??

As the outage didn’t affect home broadband I would doubt that the DWP or O2 would be sympathetic in this instance.

There are countless other places where people can get online if they need to if their O2 connection was their sole internet connection.

O2 Wi-Fi hotspots or The Cloud Wi-Fi hotspots to name a couple

Message 691 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Which is what I said earlier in the thread.

I certainly have no sympathy for someone claiming they could lose benefits due to the outage.

They obviously aren't that keen on sorting out other ways of getting in touch with DWP.

Not sure what folk did before the advent of mobiles?!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 692 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Which is what I said earlier in the thread.

I certainly have no sympathy for someone claiming they could lose benefits due to the outage.

They obviously aren't that keen on sorting out other ways of getting in touch with DWP.

Not sure what folk did before the advent of mobiles?!

People worked for a living.....

Message 693 of 715

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Although I do not disagree with the previous comments re working for a living, unfortuantely those that are disabled/handicapped are also having to claim Universal Credit and they are unable to work through no fault of their own.

spare a thought......

Reply just for balancesmiling

Message 694 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

Although I do not disagree with the previous comments re working for a living, unfortuantely those that are disabled/handicapped are also having to claim Universal Credit and they are unable to work through no fault of their own.

spare a thought......

@jezza1234

I don't think that comment was aimed at the disabled,/handicapped or elderly.

They don't have to check into DWP on a weekly basis.

It was made in response to a post about someone inferring they could lose housing benefit, and they had people who had to log into DWP up to 3 times a day.!!

The simple answer was, there are ways of doing that without relying on coverage from O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 695 of 715

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Now this is how arguments start LOLyahoo

There was a gneral comment made that "people worked for a livivng" in response to a comment.

It fascinates me how a conversation can go from people not being able to makecalls or access the internet, to people having to log onto Universal Credit up to 3 times a day or they would lose their payments(Really?) etc etc

My comment was not intended to be a dig at anyone, and as suh Iam gong to delete as it will no doubt cause all sorts of comments that it was not intended to garner. I shall continue to be a forum voyeur.

Peace and love 

Message 696 of 715

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Turns out I cant delete. oh well I will brace myself for the upcoming chastisements then.....

Message 697 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

Turns out I cant delete. oh well I will brace myself for the upcoming chastisements then.....

Don't be daft @jezza1234 joy

I have been following the thread you see and I saw the comment which had been made earlier on.

I know where you are coming from....though the comments weren't made towards the disabled or elderly.

Carry on posting. Discussion is good for the soul...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 698 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that Ann-Droyd was a former Dr Who baddie played by Anne Robinson.  Wonder if it was a deed poll name change !

Message 699 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

spare a thought......

Said tongue in cheek

Not aimed at anyone

I'm disabled myself

Message 700 of 715