Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 20: Radiant

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

I would never recommend sending texts to your own number from your own number that can cause a loop, that will cause issues.

I would report these issues to customer services, as they seem to only be affecting PAYG users, and the PAYG SMSC

Just so all you people know customer services dont monitor these forums so you will need to report via Live Chat or Phone..

And please dont take it out on the staff on the phones or live chat they are only doing there job and dont deserve to be abused by customers, and I hope o2 have a zero tolerance policy against customers who abuse there staff
--

Samsung S10 128Gb, BlackBerry Key2, Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K
Topics: 3

[ Edited ]

I do not have the same phone number on both phones!

2 completely separate numbers.

Thanks anyway & I'm not abusive.

Level 39: Midshipman

Strange - I have just sent a message from my personal phone (LG v30 on o2) to my work phone (Sony L1 on Voda) and it went through fine.
Then replied and it also went through no problems.
I rebooted this morning just in case (was ~6am) and have had signal with data when not on WiFi...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Level 20: Radiant

I was talking to the people who are sending to themselves on the same device :-)
--

Samsung S10 128Gb, BlackBerry Key2, Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K

@madasaf1sh wrote:
I was talking to the people who are sending to themselves on the same device :-)

Aaah right sorry.worried

Level 1: Joiner

I would report these issues to customer services, as they seem to only be affecting PAYG users, and the PAYG SMSC

I would if I could but unable to get through...

@gmarkj wrote:
Strange - I have just sent a message from my personal phone (LG v30 on o2) to my work phone (Sony L1 on Voda) and it went through fine.
Then replied and it also went through no problems.
I rebooted this morning just in case (was ~6am) and have had signal with data when not on WiFi...

How strange! Not so for me. Thanks for info. I will try again to get on the support chat helpline.

Highlighted

Texts still not sending properly and been charges for data not used I'm going in town to change my network provider this is a joke
Level 39: Midshipman

A large number of the issues are also being reported on here by tesco customers.
They need to be reporting the problem to tesco, not o2...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

I have just tested my text messaging by texting my mother's handset also (she is also an o2 customer), and texts are still failing to send (but are going through) both on my handset and hers. I have rebooted my handset for what feels like the 20th time, have switched down to 3g, put my phone to airplane mode, waited 10 minutes as suggested, then back to 4g, and still getting messages failed.