Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I would never recommend sending texts to your own number from your own number that can cause a loop, that will cause issues.

I would report these issues to customer services, as they seem to only be affecting PAYG users, and the PAYG SMSC

Just so all you people know customer services dont monitor these forums so you will need to report via Live Chat or Phone..

And please dont take it out on the staff on the phones or live chat they are only doing there job and dont deserve to be abused by customers, and I hope o2 have a zero tolerance policy against customers who abuse there staff
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 481 of 715

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do not have the same phone number on both phones!

2 completely separate numbers.

Thanks anyway & I'm not abusive.

Message 482 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Strange - I have just sent a message from my personal phone (LG v30 on o2) to my work phone (Sony L1 on Voda) and it went through fine.
Then replied and it also went through no problems.
I rebooted this morning just in case (was ~6am) and have had signal with data when not on WiFi...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 483 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I was talking to the people who are sending to themselves on the same device 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 484 of 715

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
I was talking to the people who are sending to themselves on the same device 🙂

Aaah right sorry.worried

Message 485 of 715

AndyShef
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would report these issues to customer services, as they seem to only be affecting PAYG users, and the PAYG SMSC

I would if I could but unable to get through...

Message 486 of 715

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Strange - I have just sent a message from my personal phone (LG v30 on o2) to my work phone (Sony L1 on Voda) and it went through fine.
Then replied and it also went through no problems.
I rebooted this morning just in case (was ~6am) and have had signal with data when not on WiFi...

How strange! Not so for me. Thanks for info. I will try again to get on the support chat helpline.

Message 487 of 715

Kendo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Texts still not sending properly and been charges for data not used I'm going in town to change my network provider this is a joke
Message 488 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
A large number of the issues are also being reported on here by tesco customers.
They need to be reporting the problem to tesco, not o2...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 489 of 715

Cazmia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just tested my text messaging by texting my mother's handset also (she is also an o2 customer), and texts are still failing to send (but are going through) both on my handset and hers. I have rebooted my handset for what feels like the 20th time, have switched down to 3g, put my phone to airplane mode, waited 10 minutes as suggested, then back to 4g, and still getting messages failed.
Message 490 of 715