Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Nuno
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got two contracts on o2 mine and my dad one will I get any money back for the time o2 was down ??
Message 411 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cristian If you cancel you are liable for any termination fee that arises 

Message 412 of 715

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can use your data tomorrow.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 413 of 715

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Step by step it is come back...

data.png

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 414 of 715

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Slight digression but if some of you remember the outage in 2012 (search: o2 outage 2012), you'll find some interesting reading about the outcome regarding compensation.

In particular, this one about brand image is quite short but interesting to read: https://yougov.co.uk/topics/consumer/articles-reports/2012/07/16/how-o2-outage-hit-brand

Message 415 of 715

MrBluePlaydoh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can I cancel my contract?
Message 416 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MrBluePlaydoh wrote:
Can I cancel my contract?

Only if you pay it off in full @MrBluePlaydoh

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 417 of 715

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How to cancel https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 418 of 715

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Shergar wrote:

@paulbacon wrote:
o2 dont owe us anything. There T&C guard against that and what you signed up for. They may offer something as a good will gesture but they dont have to.

And its not just o2, every service provider (phone, gas, internet) have the same T&C, that they cannot provide a 100% uptime service

You do not know what you are talking about. Unplanned interruption to your gas supply is a guaranteed standard of service failure (GSOP) and as such attracts a £30 per day after the first 24 hours up to a ceiling of £1000.

So if you are going to post try and ensure you know what you are talking about.

#thatisall

"After the first 24hrs".

People are asking for compensation now and its not even been 24hrs. Chances are it could well be back on tomorrow morning so could be less than 24hrs.

Message 419 of 715

caspergriswold
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If Erikksen have dropped the ball then i'm sure they will compensate O2 and possibly 02 will compensate their customers. 1 day of crap internet on my contract amounts to 80p. I realise there has been people seriously inconvenieced rather than slightly annoyed like me.

Message 420 of 715