Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 4: Observant

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

What bothers me most is that the customer service team are not willing to offer any compensation until the issue is resolved. What has one got to do with the other. It's ridiculous that out of basic descenty they should credit our accounts.
Topics: 521

For how much?
If the issue goes on for days you’d be back asking for more.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 108
Kudos: 1,660

What is it with you & compensation. You’ve had your update. What do you want? 50p! That’s about as much as you’ll get 

iPhone XR 64GB
Level 6: Acolyte

o2 dont owe us anything. There T&C guard against that and what you signed up for. They may offer something as a good will gesture but they dont have to.

And its not just o2, every service provider (phone, gas, internet) have the same T&C, that they cannot provide a 100% uptime service
Topics: 658

[ Edited ]

@Betablue wrote:
@mamillion with respect you couldn't be more wrong, @Cleoriff warm funny welcoming and helpful

Aw shucks @Betablue...and thanks Smiley Very Happy

Funny how I was picked out. A lot of the regulars on here have been far more abrupt than myself....but there you go. I have strong shoulders.

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 20
Kudos: 272

@b4u2 wrote:
What bothers me most is that the customer service team are not willing to offer any compensation until the issue is resolved. What has one got to do with the other. It's ridiculous that out of basic descenty they should credit our accounts.

@b4u2 Think about it for a bit, putting yourself in the CEO position. Wouldn't you wait till the service is restored, do a root cause analyis across the divisions, analyse the impact then decide on the best course of action or let CS go beserk giving money away straight away without control? If the latter, it would inevitably lead to people saying they got xyz amount and then multiples demanding why they got less leading to a far worse situation. Until the big decision makers decide on the best course of action then CS cannot do anymore other than act as apologists in the meantime. I can only imagine the stress they've gone through today and it will be draining for them. 

Level 2: Apprentice

@paulbacon wrote:
o2 dont owe us anything. There T&C guard against that and what you signed up for. They may offer something as a good will gesture but they dont have to.

And its not just o2, every service provider (phone, gas, internet) have the same T&C, that they cannot provide a 100% uptime service

You do not know what you are talking about. Unplanned interruption to your gas supply is a guaranteed standard of service failure (GSOP) and as such attracts a £30 per day after the first 24 hours up to a ceiling of £1000.

So if you are going to post try and ensure you know what you are talking about.

#thatisall

Topics: 84
Ideas: 2

Sounds like the outage was down to an expired certificate in some Ericsson software, impacting several telcos worldwide, not just O2. 6th of Dec is St. Nicholas Day, Sinterclaas, à holiday in many northern European countries (Ericsson is Swedish, I think).
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Level 1: Joiner

I don't what are you doing there,but if is not fix till tomorow morning i gone cancel the contract.
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

It's back on but what about the money that went for data that I haven't used