Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GWAKE wrote:

Text and calls back, still no internet but a better place to be slight_smile

Yay..let's hope it stays back!

Message 281 of 715

Karenchalloner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've literally had no signal so no calls or texts all day and have had no way to use WiFi while out. So should something have gone wrong with my daughter I'd have had no way of knowing I am very unhappy with this
Message 282 of 715

GWAKE
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea. Just had to put phone on silent for all the text pings coming through and I am not the only one.  Office sounds like we are trying to make a music track out of text message pings tongue

Message 283 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@GWAKE

Hope no one has crazy frog as their text sound lol:)
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 284 of 715

GWAKE
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Baby Shark a few times!
Message 285 of 715

Beveyles
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
16.38pm and still not working and like previous comments it isnt just mobile data its calls amd texts too, its ridiculous bet you will be quick to take payments of all of us for your ****** sercice😡😡 sort it out o2
Message 286 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Ouch @GWAKE thats bad... and for adults as well...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 287 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Makes me wonder how i brought my kids up to be fine upstanding citizens. Maybe because we didn't need mobile phones in those days. Strange how the world kept spinning and no one fell off...

Message 288 of 715

magoo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Absolutely furious with o2 and I only joined last month! I was previously a vodaphone customer for ten years and it has been the worst decision ever to join o2, I have barely any signal wherever I maybe, then today happens 😡 I have lost business and most importantly missed a call from school when my daughter bumped her head, not acceptable from such a huge company, if I could cancel my contract I would.
Message 289 of 715

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, I've just added our latest update to the OP now:

The network issue continues to be a top priority for us and we apologise to all our customers impacted by this. Earlier today we suspended any planned works or updates across our systems and network. This allowed hundreds of people from both our technical teams and our third-party supplier’s teams to focus on fixing the problem, helping us to restore data services as quickly as we can which will also help reduce the high network demand we’re currently seeing for voice calls.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 290 of 715