Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
😞
Message 111 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

so my whole network- internet, texts and calls has been down all morning! i have a poorly baby who I have left with my mum and no way at all to get in touch as i am at work! THIS IS NOT OK!

I have been at work for 6 hours and its been down for all that time! GET IT SORTED"

Message 112 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

so my whole network- internet, texts and calls has been down all morning! i have a poorly baby who I have left with my mum and no way at all to get in touch as i am at work! THIS IS NOT OK!

I have been at work for 6 hours and its been down for all that time! GET IT SORTED"

Well hopefully you left your Mum your works phone number so she can contact you if there is an emergency?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 113 of 715

AndriusDo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

12.30 noon-ish, still no services in Nottingham. 

Message 114 of 715

Mumof3
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can call out now.......for the moment at least but still no internet
Message 115 of 715

Andromeda
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No service in Southampton, Calls, SMS or Internet. 

Service checker will not let me register for updates. 

Message 116 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

May or may not be relevant, but the problem was discussed on the Chris Moyles show this morning (Radio X breakfast show)...

edited to add: Have also checked BBC, and this is the top story. They also mention networks in other countries being affected, and that the issue is with something provided by Ericsson...

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46464730

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 117 of 715

Mumof3
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Andromeda I'm in Southampton and can call out and receive calls.....for now!! Not sure about texts, nine have come through that were sent this morning and still no mobile internet
Message 118 of 715

gb26
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had no phone incoming or outgoing no text no data since 5am this morning!

Message 119 of 715

lucyann1984
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My dad sent me a text at 8am this morning I have been getting the same text over and over ever since! It is driving me up the wall.

Message 120 of 715