cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Another option if you are  looking for an alternative to Sky is TalkTalk, (yes I have know they lag behind in their customer service ratings)

@Anonymous have a special deal on at the moment for half price broadband at £3.25 per month for 12 months plus the landline @ £14.95pm (or £9.50pm if you pay 12 months upfront).

If you go through Quidco you can get £24 cashback as well! - offer is on until 29 May

Overall, I would save the £14 pm charge  for Virgin TV, gain free Uk calls to landines and be paying  £4 less per month than I am now.

Not a bad offer, I know about 10 people who use TT and none have had any serious problems with them.

They also run a forum where their staff can be contacted.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 301 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 302 of 379

Paultrust
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys 

I have been with Plusnet for 24 hours the service is as good as I experienced with o2 so that is good, They got me connected 24 hours before the due date which was even better. and my phone line follows in a couple of weeks 

I got All Inclusive Phone Calls and Unlimited Broadband for £22 per month over £4 cheaper than my o2 deal. I already feel better not having to deal with (You Know Who)

Paul

Message 303 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
'If the whole fixed and mobile broadband business is up for sale, and with Skys' recent acquisition of the O2/Be consumer base, maybe BSkyB might be tempted to acquire a complete mobile provider with millions of customers and add another few hundred thousand fixed line broadband customers to its portfolio.' This is entirely is pure speculation and has no basis in fact from any company press release or policy.
Message 304 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive noticed as far as Sky is concerned there is NO free EVENINGS & weekends landline service ,only Weekends.If thats what If my T & C say I get Evenings and weekend then thats what I should get. I would be happy with a Sky landline as well as broadband as long as above is maintained - oh - as well as continuence of my 1/2 price annum deal
Message 305 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ive noticed as far as Sky is concerned there is NO free EVENINGS & weekends landline service ,only Weekends.If thats what If my T & C say I get Evenings and weekend then thats what I should get. I would be happy with a Sky landline as well as broadband as long as above is maintained - oh - as well as continuence of my 1/2 price annum deal

It will be a fresh contract when you get migrated to a Sky Broadband package, at which point you can decide to take it or leave it since there will be changes.

Message 306 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
My home broadband closed today - that's 7 days notice from 01 May (plus the days when O2, or is it Sky, ignored my written request to close my account). Now, I also have mobile phone data package and mobile broadband and today - purely coincidental, if you believe the web chat people and the gurus - I have had an email to say that my mailbox, at 42 MB, is over its storage quota. "Your mailbox is full! It is currently over its allowed capacity.
As of now, incoming messages can no longer be received, and they are being returned to the sender indicating your mailbox is full"
And to really persuade me to stay with O2 both the web chat and the guru ended the conversation while I was typing a response. Not the O2 customer care that we all signed up for.
Message 307 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would stay away from talk talk. 2 people I know in my village have talk talk and its slow compared to O2. Customer support is appalling, call centre will not and not allowed to deviate from script. I was trying to set up email on friends new laptop everything working, just she couldn't remember email password so I suggested she ring tech support for them to give her the password or worst case scenario reset it. Problem was I didn't want to have to waste time changing every device she had to new password. Anyway despite explains numerous times everything is working we just need a password was forced to go through the idiots script. Pointless waste of time resulted in me having to be passed over to his manager to complain after wasting 40 minutes with a script monkey who could not reset password.

I know for a fact I'd have been on the phone less than 5 mins with O2 and have had the password or had it reset for her
Message 308 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 I have had an email to say that my mailbox, at 42 MB, is over its storage quota. "Your mailbox is full! It is currently over its allowed capacity.

Your mailbox allowance is 20Mb unless you have O2 broadband, so it's just returned to normal.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 309 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure of my gmail limit but if it is as much as o2 gives me I will change my contact details to that.
Message 310 of 379