cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Paultrust
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I no longer have any axe to grind, However I would be concerned about the rapid transfer of services to Sky. When I phoned in for my MAC Key a week ago I was definitely talking to the guys at O2,

If customer services has already transferred it must indicate that things are moving much faster than it has been previously stated, This is even more curious as the OFT still has not ruled as far as I can tell.

I am happy that I will not be with Sky good luck to you guys moving over I think you will need it!

On the evening I phoned my new provider (Plusnet) they had a great number of people who would not be moving to Sky either.

All from me for now 

Paul

Message 291 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
EE that's the T-Mobile/orange merger are offering up to 14mb unlimited download for £5 pm plus £14.75 line rental includes the £5 mobile discount. Worth a look for those jumping ship
Message 292 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
EE that's the T-Mobile/orange merger are offering up to 14mb unlimited download for £5 pm plus £14.75 line rental includes the £5 mobile discount. Worth a look for those jumping ship

Don't forget Sky is sniffing around EE with a view of buying it. Also no good for those who want to keep a BT landline.

Message 293 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know where you got that info. from.I've just moved to Orange (EE) and I've got a BT landline - the line rental is included in the package. I doubt that Sky would have the cash to buy EE and I also doubt that it would be allowed.
Message 294 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall move back to BT. They are doing a good deal if you pay in advance and they are cheaper than o2

Message 295 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone been offered the 12 months free deal since 01/05/13? It might have only been offered before O2 customers got moved to SHC.

Message 296 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm thinking it has been withdrawn now as calls are being diverted to Sky.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 297 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done the deed and moved to EE for up to 14mb broadband unlimited downloads (allowing me to keep o2 email and not have theirs) and landline (still BT line as it's rented from BT). I keep a £5 discount as O2 gave me for having a mobile with them. That's £19.75 a month the o2 operator operator gave me the Mac code quickly once I said it was because of Sky and I had made my mind up to leave.
Message 298 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't know where you got that info. from.I've just moved to Orange (EE) and I've got a BT landline - the line rental is included in the package. I doubt that Sky would have the cash to buy EE and I also doubt that it would be allowed.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5776-france-telecom-considering-sale-of-ee.html#news_comments

Message 299 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option if you are  looking for an alternative to Sky is TalkTalk, (yes I have know they lag behind in their customer service ratings)

TalkTalk have a special deal on at the moment for half price broadband at £3.25 per month for 12 months plus the landline @ £14.95pm (or £9.50pm if you pay 12 months upfront.)

They also do TV - again quite reasonable price £10pm (then £15.50 after 6 months) this includes a free Youview box (itself costs £250). Again you have to pay for the landline - options as above. This package includes free calls to UK landlines!

Am seriously looking at this myself as I could also ditch my Virgin cable TV service and get the Youview box for free. (This would belong to me after 18 months, so could then be used with any fast broadband)

If you go through Quidco you can get £24 cashback as well! - offer is on until 29 May

Overall, I would save the £14 pm charge  for Virgin TV, gain free Uk calls to landines and be paying  £4 less per month than I am now.

Message 300 of 379