Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Sims still not receiving texts, calls or mobile data

yeoseph
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  • Upon losing my phone, I requested with o2 that my previous sim card be blocked on the 10th April. 
  • Visited a store on 11th April in order to be issued with a replacement sim
  • Various reasons to 'give it 24 hours' later, I was issued another replacement sim on 14th April, and a service fix request was filed by the sales consultant on their live chat. 

I'm still waiting for someone to fix the issue, as I am still unable to send/receive texts, phone calls and mobile data.

A service fix was attempted on 18th April, following a request by the store consultant via a 'helix' ticket on 14th April, but the issue remains. 

I am so far reaching out on live chat, with phone calls taking a long time on hold to get to someone without any understanding. I have recently reached out via social media and awaiting a reply.

I have also asked how exactly the replacement sim is processed, i.e. via a PAC code?, but so far I'm being misunderstood and explained how to get a replacement sim, whereas I actually want the technical answer so I can determine my own alternative fix given that noone can help.

I have been told I have been made a priority almost daily over the last week.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

Very certain that you still have the lost/stolen bars on your account (not sim) and these need removing by customer service

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@yeoseph 

There is nothing anyone can do with regards to fixing your issue on this customer to customer community. 

Personally and many others have found the best results have come from contacting o2 via social media,  just send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), sometimes you need to give them a prod to get an update..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 9

yeoseph
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had it confirmed that the bar was cleared on the 13th April and again on the 14th April when i visited the store, but that was my thinking at the time.

I suppose my primary thinking in posting here is if anyone actually understands the Sim Card replacement process, because I feel like I need to explore moving over to another network as O2 have been unable to help so far. Many people with access to my account have taken a look and failed thus far to identify the issue.

I think I count 5 people saying the sim card is receiving full service and no bars are present on the account, but I'm continuing to try every single avenue to discuss with O2, be it social media, phone call or live chat. 

Message 4 of 9

yeoseph
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm reaching out to see if others have had similar experience with this specific issue, or perhaps understand the Sim Replacement service, I don't recall asking someone to fix it for me here, on the Customer to Customer community forum.

I have noted your advice regarding social media being the best place to go, so I'll concentrate on that avenue going forward.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@yeoseph 

See if you can get your PAC and port out to another network Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

yeoseph
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That has been my thinking since the second replacement sim but, without understanding if they do a PAC code transfer when issuing a replacement sim, I'm a bit concerned that I may end up with the same issue at a new network, who will then wash their hands of the problem.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@yeoseph 

The issue is with O2. No reason for it to follow you elsewhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@yeoseph 

A lot of people come onto here expecting this community to be able to fix there problem, hence we have to point out everytime that we cant fix them

If you are still in your minimum term, then you would have to pay that off before o2 will issue you a PAC code.. 

If you are out of contract on sim only (30day) or PAYG just get a PAC code and move your number...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 9