cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

First of all, welcome to the community! If you want to get help, please post a new thread in the devices or products & services forums. However, if you would like to introduce yourself, this thread is the perfect place for it. I'll kick it off, just to get the ball rolling. 

So as you can see, my name is Leonard and I've joined the O2 team in June to take care of the community. I'd love to hear a bit more about you, so please let us know who you are slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Leonard

Message 1 of 970
969 REPLIES 969

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

From the status page.

Start Fixed Details Status

Oct 12, 2012
10:27 am

Making calls and using data
We've got some problems with our phone service right now. Some phone numbers might not be working. Those numbers are not location specific
Ongoing
Message 301 of 970

Camilla
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm new to the forum and only signed up to let o2 know of another issue with my coverage. This year alone I have personally been without coverage on no less than 5 occasions. I'm gutted coz I've been with o2 for 13ish years and am seriously thinkin about leaving!
Message 302 of 970

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Welcome camilla, seems to be happening way too often now for such a major network.

Message 303 of 970

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
To all....

SOMETIMES u may go through a signal blackhole. When doing so, some handsets struggle to reconnect when u leave the BH. Usually a reboot will reconnect you. As when rebooting it doesa new network search.

However I am sure some may have more consistent problem.

Blackholes can happen in city's as well as in the country/out n about.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 304 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

having service problems in ipswich for the 2nd time not happy at all, rebooting phone does nothing 

Message 305 of 970

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys, welcome to the community slight_smile

Please post on the below thread if you are having service issues

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/td-p...

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 306 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again I am forced to use other peoples phone to continue to be in contact with my work and my wife who is 3 weeks from her due date and cannot get hold of me. When is O2 going to sort this out!!!! This is the second time I have been without service in four months!!!!!! It is not good enough to keep saying we are trying. I will be moving my account and my wife's to another provider, someone who does not have the same repetitive problems which O2 seem to be suffering. Oh yes and who could forget the compensation for last times blackout. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I would appreciate a response for O2 on this as to what is being done and please don't tell me you have 200 engineers working on it but you don't know when it will be fixed.

Message 307 of 970

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The thread you need with all the information is here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/td-...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 308 of 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
Toby, I posted my introduce yourself this afternoon and I have not heard a reply. This is not good enough!!!!!! Will O2 be releasing people from there contract who are disallusioned with O2's lack of service
Message 309 of 970

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Hi Chris

I'm sure u must appreciate how busy people such as Toby have been (I mean no disrespect).

U would need to contact CS or even ask for an escalated complaint for ur type of enquiry. As knowledgeable as Toby is, he wouldn't be able to comment and neither will anyone else, with regard to ur request.

No one on community has ur personal account details etc or even has the power to say yes or no.

I really advise writing to the contact address and mark it formal complaint for the executive team. Or call CS and ask for an escalated complaint.

It may not be the quickest reply (postage etc) but they will give it full consideration and they (executive team) have powers above normal CS.

Good luck, I'm sure tho that in the next day or so or even Monday there will be a response about what has happened etc and POSSIBLE recourse customers may have or gesture O2 will be making.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 310 of 970