Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself on the O2 Community!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi all,

I'd like to welcome one and all to the O2 Community! Its a great place to get advice, post your feedback and talk about your ideas for the network. If you have a question that you need some advice on, head over to the devices section or the other products and services section. You can also get rewarded for helping others as well chat about anything you like in the off-topic section.

I'm Toby, the community coordinator of the forum. I also work with Marjo who is the head of community and Marina who is also a community coordinator like me. I've been working on the community since August 2012. It's been great so far and I look forward to hearing from many more of you slight_smile

If you have any questions about the forum, suggestions or just want to have chat, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. 

Hope to speak soon!

Toby

- This is a brand new 'Introduce yourself' thread, but you can find the old one HERE

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 758
757 REPLIES 757

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous_ the payback parrot term came from on of my friends who has a great sense of humour backed by a a lot of very useful knowledge I count him as one of the experts I go to for help myself.
Personally I don't go into the help section too much but tend to try and keep up with issues and changes on the other boards so I can be of more use on the Facebook page which is where I tend to lurk.
i do find the service section useful though they can be slower than I would like to respond to things though I guess in reality compared to other networks they are pretty good at least there is somewhere to check.

That'll be woodyuk? He is a very funny guy  wink

BTW there's obviously another "Ian" in this community, but you'll notice that usernames in this community can be either in lower case or upper case letters (unlike giffgaff, which has to be lower case). 

Message 391 of 758

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Being old school and normally very pedantic about correct grammar and punctuation (you wouldn't think so from some of my posts imbibing the local brew), I succumbed to using all lower case for my user name. I blame my son who told me it was old-hat to use capital letters these days...hey guys I'm 'hip' LOL

Message 392 of 758

viridis
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

On giffgaff the term "payback parrots" has become synonymous with the practice of blatantly copying someone else's answer (sometimes hours later), and they do it because they think it's an easy way of earning a few quid.

Yeah,We used to call it Bobbing for apples round here. 

Message 393 of 758

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Can anyone explain why we are discussing gg on here. ...slightly off topic methinks!Smiley Frustrated

Message 394 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 123476 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Can anyone explain why we are discussing gg on here. ...slightly off topic methinks!Smiley Frustrated

My thoughts exactly @jonsie It is a fascinating topic but maybe needs a stand alone thread....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 395 of 758

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

My thoughts exactly @jonsie It is a fascinating topic but maybe needs a stand alone thread....?

Or community....

Message 396 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry its my fault
Message 397 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
sorry its my fault

No it wasn't your fault at all. It was Toby who invited that feedback in this post  wink

Message 398 of 758

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ian_ my typos and grammar are always suspect but with a new toy its even worse, things keep popping up as I am typing not to mention the cat who keeps walking in front of the screen.
Message 399 of 758

Cleoriff
  • 123476 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
sorry its my fault

No it wasn't your fault at all. It was Toby who invited that feedback in this post  wink

LOL Better go and pop @Toby on the naughty step then....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 400 of 758