Happy New Year and Thank You for 2017!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

How has this year gone by so fast? open_mouth

2018 is almost here so we wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you, from everyone in the Community Team, for all your help and support over the past year. We have very much enjoyed being here on the forum with you all and are looking forward to it in 2018 too. smiling 

Achievements infographic

To celebrate these great achievements from all of you added together, which are worth highlighting and being proud of, we are happy to confirm that we got 20 O2-themed hoodies to give away!! nerd

If you'd like one (or if you don't, we still love to see you posting!), please reply in this topic to the question below. We will choose 20 quotes to receive a hoodie as a thank you for being part of our community.

--> UPDATE: The competition element for this topic has now closed. Thanks all for your participation. 

We have the winners for the 20 hoodies!

See the list below, and if you find yourself on it, please send me a Private Message with your address (with your size if you haven't mentioned it yet) so we can send you the hoodie. thumbsup

More info

What has been the best thing for you about being part of the O2 community?

(Also, please include a hoodie size in your reply, or if you'd prefer, PM me with it - this will help with preparing the hoodies quicker).

party party party party party party party

Happy New Year everyone!

party party party party party party party

Message 1 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really appreciated the support I received from the folks in the 02 forum.  Unfortunately, they were not able to work out why I could not use a Archos Cell phone that was purchased at Gatwick Airport, to phone a landline in Canada when I was in Portugal.   I bought the add-on to allow phone calls to Canada, I topped up my account several times to ensure there was sufficient funds, we tried using +1 , 01 and 001 as the international code for Canada.   Nothing worked.

The people at an 02 outlet in London were not able to help either.  Funnily it was a young lady from Canada who tried to help me!

The official online 02 support was not much good either.  People continually offerred the same solutions, some hung up, others did not  return calls when they promised.  All in all it was a lousey experience.   When I return to London next year, I doubt I will be buying an 02 Sim card.

Message 21 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year all!  For me, this forum is an interesting chance to see into others' issues and to see how other members would solve them.  And sometimes I can help them myself, which gives me a bit of a glow!

More importantly, I think it's great that O2 is willing to give people airtime for their gripes and questions and enable them to help each other.  The forum shouldn't be a replacement for great customer service but the spirit of openness is a good sign.

Message 22 of 200

dby332
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I like being able to ask questions and get the views and answers from other users that may be experiencing the same issues and that may offer suggestions that hadn't been thought off. It can be a little easier than using chat or making a phone call to customer services. If successful in winning a lovely o2 hoodie I would probably need a large one 😊 fingers crossed.
Message 23 of 200

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi, there are so many good parts about this community. Guides, reviews, advice etc etc. Everyone is very friendly and give constructive replies to the posts too. So many forums are well, lets just say, less than helpful with replies. This community has always been very constructive, it has gives great advice for everything, so much so its always my first port of call before I would phone or use the customer service chat. I would use the forum for any advice even off topic advice as it is so helpful slight_smile

I would also love a hoodie slight_smile heart

Samsung S8
Message 24 of 200

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi. Thank you for your pm. First of all..I must start by saying that I haven't been on much lately. My daughter has ongoing health issues and I do seem to retreat into myself rather than annoy anyone. I know people have their own serious problems to deal with at the mo. Having said that.. The community spirit here is awesome. I have met some lovely, helpful people on here.. some of whom I can call friends and trust so much. I appreciate each one of them.. And will try to get on more. Thank you O2 & the O2 family. Hugs ❤️ x
giphy-3
Message 25 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best thing about communities like these is that we are all on a path of learning

For example I am android through and through since inception all the way up to my pixel 2 running 8.1 and know a fair amount of how it works what it can and can't do etc

Recently I acquired an iPad pro and know naff all about about apple but spent a fair while reading the apple boards haven't felt the need to ask a question yet but wouldn't hesitate to should I needed with the fear of being flamed

Read any thread on here and no one is bitchy or condescending

It's a great place to laugh and learn
Message 26 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

The best thing has been being able to share experiences and get advice from other O2 users without having to always go to an official source for information. More often than not, customers know best!

PS Size L please 

Message 27 of 200

soulframe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For me getting and providing help when we cannot easily and readily get the appropriate information from O2.
A great example (not for O2) was when the international roaming data speeds were restricted. It was so useful to get everyone's experiences during that time and to realise how serious the situation was.
I also noticed that compared to a lot of other online forums out there that the community here is generally quite friendly and not constantly bullying or talking down to other members, especially the newer members who might not be so technically minded.

Message 28 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 forum was really useful to me as it enabled me to quickly establish that O2 was never going to be able to provide the service I required so I was able to make a fast decision that I needed to take my business to another provider.

Do I win a hoodie?

Message 29 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

The best thing about the community for me was the help I received regarding life after O2 with regard to TuGo.

I'm still getting calls from O2 franchise operators.  I had one yesterday from somebody called Marie who is part of a franchise team for the Northwest region which includes my part of North Wales.

She was very sympathetic, as expected, and claimed to have no idea that so many O2 customers were upset by the closure of TuGo and that so many were actually leaving, thinking of leaving or in my case, already left.

She left me her details, which I politely accepted, for to contact her personally if I ever decided to return to O2 and upgrade.  I did say that in the words of Don Henley of The Eagles, it would be when "hell freezes over" after what I'd been through with Customer Services, The Complaints Service and that damned guru in the O2 shop who put the phone down on me. 

But the Eagles did get back together so never say never!  But there will have to be vast improvements to customer service and a consistency of service too because at the moment, O2 are neck and neck with Vodaphone, so I'm not even going to go there!

Many thanks to the contributors who helped me, they know who they are and it was very much appreciated.  Happy New Year!

Oh, I've just had my final bill.  O2 have refunded me £12.91, but they have still debited my account for £9.09, so I am b*ggered if I understand what happened there - I'm just not prepared to dwell on it anymore. 

If there's hoody going then I have a 50" chest and I like 'em baggy so please size me accordingly.  I live in hope!

Message 30 of 200