Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 27: Desk Jockey

Re: Apple iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus Megathread

I like the iPhone X but what on Earth is that price about?!? Even with he exchange rate as it is it isn’t £1 = $1

Do have an interesting question though how are Apple going to deal with unauthorised purchase? Child is using phone, wants to buy an in app purchase via Apple Pay, selects buy and shows the phone to mum or dad. Order complete
Level 3: Thinker

What’s the crack with the iPhone X then? Any idea when we’ll know how much deals for it will be and the upfront cost etc?
Level 3: Thinker

I think they also pay quite high taxes on top of the $999. I could be wrong though.
Topics: 21
Kudos: 273

@PhoneChanger wrote:
I like the iPhone X but what on Earth is that price about?!? Even with he exchange rate as it is it isn’t £1 = $1

Do have an interesting question though how are Apple going to deal with unauthorised purchase? Child is using phone, wants to buy an in app purchase via Apple Pay, selects buy and shows the phone to mum or dad. Order complete

You're missing the local US taxes which are never mentioned due to the state differences. Also you're forgetting Apple have applied a Brexit tax to all their products because of the dollar value since Brexit and they need to maintain profit margins. 

Cynicism aside for 10 seconds, iPhone X: The £1000 selfie phone. Nice idea but think in practice the facial recognition is going to be more of a hindrance to do simple things. I'll see how that develops in the reviews though treat it as a beta for iPhone out in 2020. Still, the 8's are rather expensive to be carrying around iand I'd find it difficult to justify the cost as a single device prone to accidents.

Level 1: Joiner

Apple Watch on O2?

Where's the Apple Watch on O2? I see it's exclusive to EE at launch, any idea how long we'll have to wait?
Anonymous

Re: Apple Watch on O2?

O2 have no plans to support Watch 3. Stinks...

Anonymous

Why are people so slow when it comes to US/UK pricing. US prices EXCLUDE local VAT. UK prices INCLUDE VAT at 20%. It's really simple... And yes, Brexit has caused a drop in the pounds value. It is what it is, if you don't like it, don't buy one!
O2 Social Media Team

@c14nhl wrote:
Where's the Apple Watch on O2? I see it's exclusive to EE at launch, any idea how long we'll have to wait?

We're afraid this isn't something we're planning to range but if or when that changes, we'll let everybody know.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Anonymous

I find it quite unbelievable that O2 isn't supporting Watch 3. I guess they think that the number of cutomers who will depart to EE will be manageable.

I'll be one of them...

Level 21: Regular

From what i can gather BT have paid handsomely to get the Watch 3 as an exclusive.

In exactly the same way o2 paid to have the original iPhone as an exclusive..
--

Samsung Note 10+ 5G|,, OnePlus 7 Pro (work phone), , Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K