Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I like the iPhone X but what on Earth is that price about?!? Even with he exchange rate as it is it isn’t £1 = $1

Do have an interesting question though how are Apple going to deal with unauthorised purchase? Child is using phone, wants to buy an in app purchase via Apple Pay, selects buy and shows the phone to mum or dad. Order complete
Message 21 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What’s the crack with the iPhone X then? Any idea when we’ll know how much deals for it will be and the upfront cost etc?
Message 22 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think they also pay quite high taxes on top of the $999. I could be wrong though.
Message 23 of 1,685

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
I like the iPhone X but what on Earth is that price about?!? Even with he exchange rate as it is it isn’t £1 = $1

Do have an interesting question though how are Apple going to deal with unauthorised purchase? Child is using phone, wants to buy an in app purchase via Apple Pay, selects buy and shows the phone to mum or dad. Order complete

You're missing the local US taxes which are never mentioned due to the state differences. Also you're forgetting Apple have applied a Brexit tax to all their products because of the dollar value since Brexit and they need to maintain profit margins. 

Cynicism aside for 10 seconds, iPhone X: The £1000 selfie phone. Nice idea but think in practice the facial recognition is going to be more of a hindrance to do simple things. I'll see how that develops in the reviews though treat it as a beta for iPhone out in 2020. Still, the 8's are rather expensive to be carrying around iand I'd find it difficult to justify the cost as a single device prone to accidents.

Message 24 of 1,685

c14nhl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Where's the Apple Watch on O2? I see it's exclusive to EE at launch, any idea how long we'll have to wait?
Message 25 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 have no plans to support Watch 3. Stinks...

Message 26 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are people so slow when it comes to US/UK pricing. US prices EXCLUDE local VAT. UK prices INCLUDE VAT at 20%. It's really simple... And yes, Brexit has caused a drop in the pounds value. It is what it is, if you don't like it, don't buy one!
Message 27 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@c14nhl wrote:
Where's the Apple Watch on O2? I see it's exclusive to EE at launch, any idea how long we'll have to wait?

We're afraid this isn't something we're planning to range but if or when that changes, we'll let everybody know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 28 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it quite unbelievable that O2 isn't supporting Watch 3. I guess they think that the number of cutomers who will depart to EE will be manageable.

I'll be one of them...

Message 29 of 1,685

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
From what i can gather BT have paid handsomely to get the Watch 3 as an exclusive.

In exactly the same way o2 paid to have the original iPhone as an exclusive..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 30 of 1,685