Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the 8 is still not available for unlock and iphones from cpw lock to first network sim (or always used to) anytime up to 6 month is the usual timeframe.

Will look back for when my 7 was unlocked as say how long that was 26/11/2016 so 2 months after launch https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Iphone-7-still-on-refresh-has-been-unloc... but if you pay off device plan then you can unlock whenever

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 201 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous but how do you know you definitely want an o2 tariff as there's so much to choose from between the different networks from what I can see. Just curious as I can't choose from the info that's out so far!
Message 202 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I’m on the tarring that gives me a free upgrade after 12 months. My upgrade has been available for me for over a month so was on the understanding that I just walk into the store, and they give me a new phone on the same contract.
Unless I’m able to terminate the contract after paying off the remaining year of the 24 month. Done so by returning my current iPhone (which is what I have to do for the upgrade)
O2 works for me for signal where I am so I’m happy to stay even if it costs a little more.
Message 203 of 1,685

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone X pre-orders go live tomorrow morning from 8:01am.

Are you excited? You should be! We expect demand to be huge so if this is a device you're interested in, we'd recommend pre-ordering as soon as you can. When you pre-order, you'll see an estimated delivery date on the product page. You can track your order via My O2, and we'll also be in touch via SMS/email with any delivery/order updates.

The FAQ section has been updated with additional info regarding iPhone X, including info on student discount, O2 Open, friends & family discounts, unlocking info, if you're on a Yearly Upgrade (YUP) tariff, etc. Check it out.

Message 204 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chris_K Any updates on unlocking the 8 / 8+ I remember the old days of 6 months then last year 2 months any updates as now on o2 open 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 205 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Chris_K Any updates on unlocking the 8 / 8+ I remember the old days of 6 months then last year 2 months any updates as now on o2 open 

The iPhone 8 still isn't available for unlocking yet but as soon as that positioning changes, i'll update the FAQ post on page 1 in this thread and also add a new reply so folk get a notification.

Message 206 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K any info on how much tariffs for the 256gb model will cost or what the highest upfront cost tariff offered for it will be? its frustrating not being able to know any form of cost information until the minute you are trying to rush to buy it in time for launch day, why is this info not available even now, less than 14hrs from preorder?

Message 207 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Dancamz spot on. Very unreasonable not to release tariff info until the time preorders open. For me it's not about which o2 tariff but which network. Been with them for 18 years since they were BT Cellnet but no loyalty now as the price differences between the networks on info available so far is vast. So by the time I've digested all information then got through on the phone/website god knows when delivery will be expected, if there's any stock left at all!
Message 208 of 1,685

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So by the time I've digested all information then got through on the phone/website god knows when delivery will be expected, if there's any stock left at all!

At least you've learned one lesson being with O2 for so long

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 209 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you pre-order and collect in store? From previous experience O2 never deliver new iphones on time. 

I've always managed to go to the O2 store on release date and get a new iphone. But stock is obviously an issue in the case of the iphone X

Message 210 of 1,685