Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot believe O2 have still not released the full iPhone X plan prices, also to see the costs Sky Mobile are quoting compared to the high prices O2 are showing as a guide considering they use the O2 network. I am really considering just paying off my remaining 10 months, selling my iPhone 7 & switching to Sky & it seems this will still work out cheaper in the long run which is wrong!! 😡😡
Message 191 of 1,685

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont think prices for the 8 were available until it went on sale. Considering the scramble to order tomorrow morning there is going to need to be some very fast decision making I think.

Message 192 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried calling O2 again to find out iphone X pricing being an existing customer, and still none available! Most other providers are able to provide pricing.

Sky have offered £52 per month with 5gb data, unlimited calls and texts. This is with a 24 month renewal not 12 months.  You can also piggyback your data for up to 3 years, can change your tariff monthly and pay off phone at any time. When pushed they also offered an existing customer 25% discount on the line rental if I proceed with them tomorrow. I have worked this out at now being £48.25 monthly

Message 193 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I pay off the remainder of my contract will pre ordering the X tomorrow count as an upgrade?
Message 194 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the Iphone X be unlockable and can you give a timeframe if not allowed at first?

Message 195 of 1,685

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
It is unlikely to be unlocked by O2 until stocks become widely available as initially they prefer to sell to customers who will stay with the network. Sadly no one will be able to give you a timeframe yet, it will depend on stocks from Apple
Message 196 of 1,685

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I would also look into 3rd party purchase such as CPW etc as they may sell the x unlocked but I would research first as have been unable to get a straight answer from thwm on this.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 197 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I popped into my local store and queried about the refresh programme and she said I can go in tomorrow(Friday) pay a £50 deposit for the pre-order and then come launch day, should have a phone and can then select a tariff then.
This sound right?
Message 198 of 1,685

BigNick
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes it will
Message 199 of 1,685

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 prioritise web and phone orders over stock for shops on launch day. I wouldnt trust a shop order, based on past experience - Whatever they say.

Message 200 of 1,685