Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

all discussed in this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 131 of 1,685

Apple-Watch-3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That link offers no help on the Apple Watch Series 3 unfortunately bro. Nobody seems to know. I e been into the stores. Phoned O2 up. They all say. I don’t know!!! It’s so annoying. All I want to know is when it will be available. That’s all. So I know if I should wait or move to EE aghhhhh x
Message 132 of 1,685

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

in the mega thread is this confirmation from o2 staff https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/... post 54

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 133 of 1,685

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Apple-Watch-3 wrote:
, the only network capable of supporting it at the moment is EE due to the spectrum of their signals.

https://www.apple.com/uk/watch/cellular/ o2 use the same frequencies so it must be an exclusive deal http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/142225-ee-exclusive-uk-network-for-apple-watch-series-3-at-launch-bu...

Apple Watch series 4

Message 134 of 1,685

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why do o2 not give an tariffs info like EE and vodaphone, its hard enought trying to work out best price and trying to order device
Message 135 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Dancamz wrote:
Could @Chris_K or someone answer and clarify this as it will heavily influence whether I get the 8plus or wait it out for the X preorders 😕 

Hey @Dancamz unfortunately student discount isn’t available on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus yet, but we’re constantly reviewing this on an ongoing basis and will let everyone know here in this thread if or when that changes. Regarding the iPhone X specifically, our tariffs and details are still under wraps and being worked on but hopefully we can confirm closer to pre-order day. I realise this doesn’t help you with making a decision which I apologise for, but some details are still being worked on.

Message 136 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

@Dancamz wrote:
Could @Chris_K or someone answer and clarify this as it will heavily influence whether I get the 8plus or wait it out for the X preorders 😕 

Hey @Dancamz unfortunately student discount isn’t available on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus yet, but we’re constantly reviewing this on an ongoing basis and will let everyone know here in this thread if or when that changes. Regarding the iPhone X specifically, our tariffs and details are still under wraps and being worked on but hopefully we can confirm closer to pre-order day. I realise this doesn’t help you with making a decision which I apologise for, but some details are still being worked on.

Why is it not on the 8/8+ since it is a tariff not a phone discount?

Also on the terms and conditions it states:

1. To be eligible for the Airtime Discount you must purchase or have purchased an eligible handset and/or tablet or dongle (each a "Device") on O2 Refresh. Eligible handsets shall be determined by O2 in its sole discretion and excludes any device which O2 notifies is excluded on www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

On the student offer page in the link^ it does not say any device is excluded from the offer so should this not mean it is available on the 8/8+/X? T&C's say it is only excluded from devices listed on the offer page and the offer page says nothing about any devices being excluded.

Message 137 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I much prefer O2 to EE but I too will be leaving when my contract runs out. Such a shame. A prospective date (even not for next year/two years) might mean I would stay but leaving us without clear information is just not good enough.

Message 138 of 1,685

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agree what is point keeping it under wraps, for some people finance is important between iPhone 8 / 8 plus or X
Message 139 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all (and @Dancamz), great news regarding student discount and O2 Open. As per my last update, as mentioned previously we have been constantly reviewing the iPhone 8 being available on student discount and O2 Open and we're pleased to confirm that this is now available grin

Message 140 of 1,685