Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin to 02

OldNickT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So when Virgin and 02 'merged', I was offered a free sim. I gave this to my sin who says he's had a txt about being charged for the sim now. Can I find that sim/phone number anywhere? I have an My 02 account but it isn't on there.

Can anyone help pls.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Did your son not receive the text on the SIM/number concerned, @OldNickT? Or does he at least have access to the MyO2 account created for the SIM?

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93893 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23905 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@OldNickT The sim card itself may have been free but the account wouldn't be. Did you really think you were being offered free use of a phone number? Really?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7770 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

@Bambino. Some where absolutely free on the Oomph tariff and these are the ones causing the most problems

When they were moved to O2 they became chargable but the broadband bill was reduced by the same amount to compensate.

Problem is many of these SIM cards have become lost or have been binned or given to other people.

This may be the case here

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

OldNickT
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bambino - check your facts before resorting to sarcasm.

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7770 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

As we are all customers here we can only go on what we know

I only know about Oomph because I'm also on the Virgin Community

So was it an Oomph package? If so you should have had an email from Virgin, but it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7