Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive a call from 1 mobile number

SMR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a new sim card in January. It all works fine except I can't receive a call from just one mobile number in my contacts. The number is a mobile number in the Lebara network (Vodafone). I am aware that the caller is trying to ring me but it just disconnects the call after 2 seconds - not enough time to answer it.

We have contacted Lebara who says this is an issue with O2.

We have tried re-entering the contact details / shutting down both the phones and restarting them - nothing has cured the issue.

HOWEVER WHEN MY CONTACT WAS ABROAD IN TENERIFE  AND CALLED ME - THE NUMBER WORKED PERFECTLY!

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

As you have checked your phone is not blocking the other phone's number, either as 0xxx... or 0044xxx... or +44xxx..., then it looks like a call to O2, as nobody here can access your account, @SMR 

Links to O2 social media team below this post, or try calling them around 08:15 on the relevant number in here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

As you have checked your phone is not blocking the other phone's number, either as 0xxx... or 0044xxx... or +44xxx..., then it looks like a call to O2, as nobody here can access your account, @SMR 

Links to O2 social media team below this post, or try calling them around 08:15 on the relevant number in here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting info about the call going through from Tenerife, which would be using a different network to O2? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Interesting info about the call going through from Tenerife, which would be using a different network to O2? 

Yes, does make me think it is blocking on the receiving phone, as call from Tenerife would present as +44... vs call in UK presenting as 0... on the CLI incoming.

Message 4 of 4