Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for your support 😊

Message 131 of 271

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125608 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 132 of 271

Wesley
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- i am having the same issues after changing from EE to O2. My imessage and facetime worked for the first few days now it has not worked for allost 48hrs. 

Message 133 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Wesley 

I will send you a private message so we can look into it for you 

Message 134 of 271

Machsandy
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sarah thank you for all of your help. I eventually managed to get iMessage to work by Settings>Messages>Send & Receive then ticking my phone number rather than my email address

Regards

Sandy

Message 135 of 271

Meestersquishy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the exact same issue, I haven’t been able to activate iMessage or FaceTime using my number that was ported over from EE at all. Can somebody help with this please?

Message 136 of 271

Connorh1029
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- 

@I’m having similar issues please can you contact me 

Message 137 of 271

Connorh1029
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried pretty much everything so far

my number was ported over to o2 today and originally took a network reset to get it to show the correct phone number since then  it was spinning on my phone number on iMessage which has now stopped and I have the an error occurred during activation message, I have tried multiple restarts and have tried adding my number manually to my Apple ID

Message 138 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Of course @Connorh1029 

I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 139 of 271

Kylie84
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- same issue here!

I signed up to O2 on a PAYG contract with an iPhone Pro 14. My old number from Lebara was ported in yesterday (Tuesday 17th), however imessage won't activate.

My new number is listed under phone but when I try and activate imessage it states "an error occurred during activation please try again". My new number is listed in the imessage list, it just won't allow me to tick it.

Same problem with Facetime. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 140 of 271