Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Stewart25 wrote:

Hello, i am having the same unsuccessful activation issue for iMessage & FaceTime after my port in from EE to o2. Have tried all suggestions on this thread but still no luck. Please could somebody look into this for me? Thank you 😁

I will tag @O2Sarah- for you, @Stewart25 - she is on from around 8am today and should be able to get you going - keep an eye on your Private Messages here for her request for info she needs to see where things are stuck in your FaceTime and iMessage operation.

Message 121 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Stewart25 I will send you a private message so we can look in to this 😊

Message 122 of 271

Stewart25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, has anyone else please got any tips for getting iMessage & FaceTime to work? Tried absolutely everything and getting abit fed up now, starting to wish i just stuck with EE or chose not to keep my number as it’s been nothing but hassle. Missing lots of important messages on iMessage so really want to get this sorted but don’t know what else to do. Any other advice greatly appreciated! Thank you x 

Message 123 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Stewart25 wrote:

Hi guys, has anyone else please got any tips for getting iMessage & FaceTime to work? Tried absolutely everything and getting abit fed up now, starting to wish i just stuck with EE or chose not to keep my number as it’s been nothing but hassle. Missing lots of important messages on iMessage so really want to get this sorted but don’t know what else to do. Any other advice greatly appreciated! Thank you x 

Hi @Stewart25 - tagging an O2 advisor to this for help, watch out for a message from @O2Sarah- and good luck!

Message 124 of 271

Machsandy
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning Sarah I have the same problem,I ported 3 weeks ago and I am getting reminders that my iMessage and FaceTime is going to stop working, I can’t work out how to tag you as when I copy your link I get this

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3696702

Message 125 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@Machsandy  to tag someone you need to start off with the @

Then as Sarah works for O2 you need to write @O2 (a drop down box will appear and because @O2Sarah- has written on this thread before her name is in the drop down box, so click on her name and you will have tagged her. Be careful though. We have three Sarahs working for O2 and the one you want has a dash after her name ie @O2Sarah- 

Hope that helps 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 126 of 271

Machsandy
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff that is very helpful. As in most things it is really obvious once explained! I will try tagging Sarah with a hyphen. From the rest of the thread I have formed the impression that it needs an input from O2 and nothing I do will work without that input?

Message 127 of 271

Machsandy
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- can you possibly help with my query 3 posts up?

Message 128 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@Machsandy wrote:

@O2Sarah- can you possibly help with my query 3 posts up?

Well done @Machsandy 👏

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 129 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Of course. @Machsandy I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 130 of 271